Injustice for All by J. A. Jance

Injustice for All

by J. A. Jance

The blonde on the beach was screaming. A dead man lay at her feet. This murder is only the first ingredient Beaumont discovers in a deadly mixture of politics and passion.

Couldn't put the book down. I would have given this a five star but some scenes were just too unbelievable. But enjoyed the book none-the-less. ( )
  bpreed | Sep 28, 2016 |
J. P. (Beau) Beaumont, veteran Seattle Police Department detective, is on vacation in hopes he may start recovering from events that happened in the first book, Until Proven Guilty. He's walking on the beach when he hears a woman scream. She's discovered the body of a friend and colleague, a fellow Parole Board member. The Parole Board is staying at the resort for their annual meeting. Beau can't help acting like a cop, even though he's out of his jurisdiction. Soon he finds himself entangled in a murder case involving the wife of a candidate for lieutenant governor. Unfortunately he's stepped into the middle of a vendetta against the Parole Board's members, and even their families.

I really enjoyed the first book of this series and this one was almost as good. I think the characters are solidly developed, as is the storyline which stays tight to the end. The mystery is well plotted and the pace is perfect. I'm going to continue with the series when I get an opportunity. ( )
  Olivermagnus | Jan 17, 2016 |
Wonderful story. Enjoyed it the whole way through. ( )
  JoAnnSmithAinsworth | Jun 30, 2010 |
I really like this series. This is book #2 in the JP Beaumont series and JP is working on his own time to solve the murder of a lady friend. JP has quite the luck with the ladies doesn't he? Poor guy. This story had some side stories too -- his partner's child custody case is resolved and JP works on a case for the Seattle PD where a duo of teenagers is putting homeless people on fire. ( )
  katiefeldmom | May 18, 2010 |
The second book is also pure bubblegum mystery as well, though Jance starts to lay the groundwork for Beaumont’s battles with alcoholism. Fun, light reading. ( )
  KingRat | Jun 15, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,919,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible