The Sound of the Stones by Beth Hammond

The Sound of the Stones

by Beth Hammond

Very confusing beginning. The different stories confused me to no end. I didn't feel connected to the main character at all. I think first person would have been better in this instance. I became confused as to which story I was actually reading. ( )
  somethingblanc | Feb 18, 2017 |
Easy to get into the story. Recommend reading the preview on Amazon to fully immerse into the storyline. Young adults will have much in common to identify with Frankie and can gain deeper insight with the second story about Ashra. Well developed story and is expected to be a three part series. ( )
1 vote JoyJoyJoyHeart | Feb 24, 2016 |

Frankie from modern times receives a mysterious book. When she begins to read she finds herself connected to the fictional tale.

The book she reads is a tale about Ashra, a girl with a hidden gift. A cruel hybrid alien race holds humans captive. Ashra's secret power to hear crystal vibrations could be the key to their salvation.

Hidden humans are searching for Ashra. These hidden away people escaped long ago and signs indicate it is time to search her out.

An unlikely ally, along with a few unknown humans, helps free Ashra from captivity as their lives intersect.

The question remains, can Ashra save the human race?
Two worlds, Two girls, a book with power

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Beth Hammond's book The Sound of the Stones: Book One in the Shattered Time Series was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Beth Hammond is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,013,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible