Chiara Corbella Petrillo by Simone Troisi

Chiara Corbella Petrillo (edition 2015)

by Simone Troisi (Author), Cristiana Paccini (Author), Charlotte Fasi (Translator)

Chiara Petrillo was seated in a wheelchair looking lovingly toward Jesus in the tabernacle. Her husband, Enrico, found the courage to ask her a question that he had been holding back. Thinking of Jesus's phrase, "my yoke is sweet and my burden is light," he asked: "Is this yoke, this cross, really sweet, as Jesus said?" A smile came across Chiara's face. She turned to her husband and said in a weak voice: "Yes, Enrico, it is very sweet." At 28 years old, Chiara passed away, her body ravaged by cancer. The emotional, physical, and spiritual trials of this young Italian mother are not uncommon. It was her joyful and loving response to each that led one cardinal to call her "a saint for our times." Chiara entrusted her first baby to the blessed Virgin, but felt as though this child was not hers to keep. Soon, it was revealed her daughter had life-threatening abnormalities. Despite universal pressure to abort, Chiara gave birth to a beautiful girl who died within the hour. A year later, the death of her second child came even more quickly. Yet God was preparing their hearts for more-more sorrow and more grace. While pregnant a third time, Chiara developed a malignant tumor, but refused the treatment that would save her treatment that would have risked the life of her unborn son. Almost immediately after giving birth to Francesco, Chiara's tumor became terminal and caused her to lose the use of her right eye. Her body was tested, and so was her soul as she suffered through terrible dark nights. She said yes to everything God sent her way, becoming a true child of God. And as her days on earth came to an end, Enrico looked down on his wife and said, "If she is going to be with Someone who loves her more than I, why should I be upset?" Book jacket.… (more)
Member:acboyle13
Title:Chiara Corbella Petrillo
Authors:Simone Troisi (Author)
Other authors:Cristiana Paccini (Author), Charlotte Fasi (Translator)
Info:Sophia Institute Press (2015), 177 pages

Work Information

Chiara Corbella Petrillo by Simone Troisi

A beautiful, inspiring story that suffers from an abysmal translation. ( )
1 vote Suzanne81 | Jan 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,913,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible