Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, Book…

Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, Book 10) (edition 2003)

by Robert Jordan

Title:Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time, Book 10)
Authors:Robert Jordan
Info:Tor Fantasy (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 864 pages

Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan

In this book, Jordan lingers over many aspects unnecessarily. While Jordan often went over details mentioned in other books to reconnect the reader, in Crossroads of Twilight, it seems that as much as a quarter of the book was composed of these "refreshed" images like physical descriptions of recurring characters. One particularly annoying mention was Egwene's rickety camp stool. He spent 2 paragraphs on it, rather than just saying "rickety camp stool" and moving on.

While Matt and Tuon seem to be resolved and the cliffhanger positions Egwene, not much is accomplished. Much of the book takes place in the countryside and "in-between" places. That pretty much describes the book, too. ( )
  Hae-Yu | May 5, 2015 |
I was aware that this book was the slowest book in the series, so I was mentally prepared. I honestly don't know if anything actually happened in this book. You probably could read the last 100 pages and get all the important information to continue the series. The last 100 pages were good though and makes me have higher hopes for the next book, as now I'm sure something is going to happen. Even though nothing happens, the book was still decent as it shows the relationships and the inner thoughts of all the characters. ( )
  renbedell | Aug 26, 2014 |
There were a few developments, but you didn't really feel that you had progressed much further in the story by the end of the book. Since there are only a few books left in the series, and a lot of action that still needs to take place, I expect the pace to pick up in the remaining books (I hope)! ( )
  darcy36 | Jul 8, 2014 |
This is the worst book in this series. Absolutely nothing happens, it is a waste of the printed page! The plot does not move forward at all in any of the character plot lines. It is mostly just Elayne and her bitching about her pregnancy and blaming it on Rand. Who fucking jumped who people? I got 50% of the way in and I just couldn't take it anymore, I give up. I'm reading the freaking chapter summaries for the second half - except the last chapter with Mat - I'll read his chapter because I love him. Oh and I'll read the last one in the book with Rand (the only time he appears in this one can you believe it?) I don't know what the heck Robert Jordan was doing when he wrote this book...its just so terrible. Thankfully, Brandon Sanderson takes over soon and salvages this series because it has been on a downward spiral since book six I think. ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
I can hardly believe it’s possible that an author can write seven hundred pages worth of absolutely nothing. In this tenth installment, there was virtually no movement of the plot. This series has become a tedious glacier that is incapable of moving forward. Mat Cauthon is still fleeing the Seanchan. Perrin is still looking for his wife. It’s been three novels now that he has been searching for his wife. End this subplot for the love of God. Absolutely nothing happened with Rand. Elayne is still trying to consolidate power. About the only thing of significance happens in the last fifty pages or so. If you’re a reader of this series, you can just skip this novel and not miss anything.

Robert Jordan is a talented writer, but he’s also infuriating to read. What should take him fifty words to write, he will do it in five thousand. He has a cast of characters that is so unwieldy that it is incredibly difficult to keep track of. He has scenes with characters that as I’m reading I’m thinking, who are these people and why do I care? I have been told the books at the end of the series get better but I don’t know if I can continue.

Carl Alves – author of Two For Eternity ( )
  Carl_Alves | Jun 21, 2014 |

Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And it shall come to pass, in the days when the Dark Hunt rides, when the right hand falters and the left hand strays, that mankind shall come to the Crossroads of Twilight and all that is, all that was, and all that will be shall balance on the point of a sword, while the winds of the Shadow grow.
--From The Prophecies of the Dragon translation believed done by Jain Charin, known as Jain Farstrider, shortly before his disappearance
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

---Anonymous fragment of a poem believed written near the end of the previous Age, known by some as the Third Age. Sometimes attributed to the Dragon Reborn.
For Harriet
Then, now, and always
Rodel Ituralde hated waiting, though he well knew it was the largest part of being a soldier.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812571339, Mass Market Paperback)

In the tenth book of he Wheel of Time from the New York Times #1 bestselling author Robert Jordan, the world and the characters stand at a crossroads, and the world approaches twilight, when the power of the Shadow grows stronger.

Fleeing from Ebou Dar with the kidnapped Daughter of the Nine Moons, whom he is fated to marry, Mat Cauthon learns that he can neither keep her nor let her go, not in safety for either of them, for both the Shadow and the might of the Seanchan Empire are in deadly pursuit.

Perrin Aybara seeks to free his wife, Faile, a captive of the Shaido, but his only hope may be an alliance with the enemy. Can he remain true to his friend Rand and to himself? For his love of Faile, Perrin is willing to sell his soul.

At Tar Valon, Egwene al'Vere, the young Amyrlin of the rebel Aes Sedai, lays siege to the heart of Aes Sedai power, but she must win quickly, with as little bloodshed as possible, for unless the Aes Sedai are reunited, only the male Asha'man will remain to defend the world against the Dark One, and nothing can hold the Asha'man themselves back from total power except the Aes Sedai and a unified White Tower.

In Andor, Elayne Trakland fights for the Lion Throne that is hers by right, but enemies and Darkfriends surround her, plotting her destruction. If she fails, Andor may fall to the Shadow, and the Dragon Reborn with it.

Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn himself, has cleansed the Dark One's taint from the male half of the True Source, and everything has changed. Yet nothing has, for only men who can channel believe that saidin is clean again, and a man who can channel is still hated and feared-even one prophesied to save the world. Now, Rand must gamble again, with himself at stake, and he cannot be sure which of his allies are really enemies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:51 -0400)

Mat Cauthon flees the Shadow and the Seanchan Empire with the kidnapped Daughter of the Nine Moons, while Perrin Aybara seeks to free his captive wife, and Egwere al'Vere seeks to reunite the Aes Sedai.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,787,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible