Progressive Digression: A Book of Poetry by…

Progressive Digression: A Book of Poetry

by Jordan M Ehrlich

Progressive Digression by Jordan M Ehrlich includes many impactful poems that involve deep and meaningful emotions that we can all relate to. I was recommend this book to anyone who enjoys meaningful poetry. ( )
  alieceey | May 26, 2018 |
A collection of varying emotions. Very meaningful and heart-felt poems from a deep author. I like the variation of lines from poem to poem. Perhaps a little more variation in emotion, however the title speaks well of the author's work. ( )
  awblackwood | Mar 20, 2018 |
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

I like my poetry in the form of those written by Pam Ayres, Edward Lear or John Hegley and for this reason this wasn't an ideal book for me.

If you enjoy your poetry deep and meaningful rather than humourous then this will be right up your street. The poems are written from the heart and deal with love and relationships and the author appears to have put all his emotion into them.

As I say, it's not for me but is a good collection for anyone that loves this type of poetry. ( )
  KevinCannon | Feb 25, 2018 |
I can't say that the poems spoke all that well to me. Too many felt like things I had heard before, and not in a comfortable home-fires-burning kind of way. Furthermore, there was too much telling and not enough showing.

That being said, there were some I very much enjoyed. There were gems in there. It is clear the author's feelings and faith are authentic, but I was not able to easily empathize with him.

NB: I received this as part of the Library Thing Member Giveaway in request for a review. ( )
  neverstopreading | Jan 16, 2018 |
I received a mobi.file copy of this book from the author through a give he had on LibraryThing.com and the following is my honest opinion.

This collection of poems/poetry/prose I feel is essentially a telling of the author’s coming of age, from his adolescence years to his entering his young adulthood. Apparently in putting this collection together, Mr. Ehrlich didn’t seem to do it in a chronological manner, instead he has arranged it alphabetically by its titles; which is rather unique.

As we look back to those years as the author has done here, we realized we’ve traveled essentially the same path. I doubt any of had an easy go of it. We all had made errors due to our eagerness to become adults, errors which caused us to take one step forwards and then two steps back, which is the gauntlet all of us must face.

Life we must agree is like a roller coaster, full of its ups and downs, as well as its twists and turns. Life is full of those joyous times as well as those times where we’re down in the dumps with our sadness, both of which none of us have any control over. Yet, there’s one thing and one thing which can help us manage to get through all of this, and that is our faith; the faith is the God we choose to belief in and follow, a faith which the author has referred to as being the One Source.

For having given his readers this wonderful, thought-provoking, soul-searching collection of poetry, I’m inspired to give Mr. Ehrlich and his endeavor here 5 STARS. ( )
  MyPenNameOnly | Nov 28, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jordan M Ehrlich's book Progressive Digression: A Book of Poetry was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Jordan M Ehrlich is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,053,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible