A Book About Disobeying (Help Me Be Good!)…

A Book About Disobeying (Help Me Be Good!) (edition 2005)

by Joy Berry (Author)

"Disobeying" explains why parents tell their children what to do and encourages children to obey their parents. Free download includes songs and read-along with Joy. For Ages 4-7.
Member:SMASNLearningCommons
Title:A Book About Disobeying (Help Me Be Good!)
Authors:Joy Berry (Author)
Info:Scholastic, Inc. (2005)

Work Information

A Children's Book About Disobeying by Joy Wilt Berry

This book is about Heidi, and the consequences of her disobedience. Eventually, she finds that her parents are cognitive of what they know what's right, and solves the issue of diobeying her parents by distinguishing for herself what's good and bad.

Age- 3-6
Source- Amazon books
  JP_O | Mar 13, 2018 |
This book explores what actions are disobeying through Heidi's actions. When her parents tell her not to do things and she disobeys, she has to face consequences because of her behaviors. Heidi discovers she needs to know what her parents want her to do, and what her parents don't want her to do. She learns how to problem solve and how to obey what her parents say.

ages 3-5
source parkland spanaway library
  Amyrood | Nov 28, 2017 |
Help Me Be Good Series
  peacelutheran | Aug 13, 2011 |
This book was about a little girl name Heidi. She would disobey her parents on a regular basis. So the book explains the importance of obeying your parent. It list why you should obey your parents and the consequence when you don’t obey your parents.

I enjoyed this book because it became a good learning tool in my classroom. I read it to a bunch of three year olds and for the rest of the day; you knew when someone was disobeying me. Because a child would point out, (name example) John is disobeying you teacher. He is touch things on your desk. Or he is running in the class. Even though the kids in my class were three, they caught onto the concept of disobeying real quickly.

As a learning tool I had everyone tell me one time they disobeyed their parent. I list examples like running in the house, going out side with no shoe on, or fighting with their siblings. Just to help them realize they might disobey there parents and not even know it. The next exercise was to draw a picture of when they disobeyed their parents, so they could apologize. This was to help the child realize their mistake and hopefully be able to correct it in the near future. ( )
  Nicolemerriweather | Sep 1, 2009 |
This book talks about what disobeying is, why there are rules, why adults get to make rules, possible consequences of actions, and the fact that adults care about children, even if children get in trouble. It is illustrated with pictures and dialog bubbles that clearly explain the text. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Jan 27, 2007 |

Joy Wilt Berryprimary authorall editionscalculated
BartholomewIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,590,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible