Curious George Goes to a Movie by H. A. Rey

Curious George Goes to a Movie (original 1998; edition 1998)

by H. A. Rey (Author), Margret Rey (Author)

Series: Curious George (book 39)

When his curiosity leads him to investigate how the movie gets onto the screen, George, an inquisitive monkey, disrupts the show.
Member:FPNSSMLibrary
Title:Curious George Goes to a Movie
Authors:H. A. Rey (Author)
Other authors:Margret Rey (Author)
Info:HMH Books for Young Readers (1998), 24 pages

Work Information

Curious George Goes to a Movie by H. A. Rey (1998)

Summary: Who does not now George the curious little monkey? Well he continues to live despite his creator’s death in 1978. This monkey has not change at all, he is so curious and always gets into a little trouble. In this particular book George gets curious on how a movie gets onto the screen and makes his way to the projection room and causes a small mishap with the machine. George’s ingenuity allows him to keep the audience entertained while the film is being fixed. All of his problems could have been avoided if he had simply asked to see how a movie gets to the screen. There’s a catch though he can’t talk he’s a monkey.

I grew up with Curious George and the man in the yellow hat. My mother read it to my all the time, she always told me if you want to know the best way is to ask. If I was not meant to know I would find out when I needed to. Small bits of wisdom can be found anywhere.

In a classroom setting this can be a lesson of curiosity and the cat or in this case the monkey. It can be used as a catalyst for a question and answer session were the students can ask the teacher about how certain things in the world works such as movie theater, a computer, a dvd, or anything else the only problem is the teacher has to have a base knowledge or at least know how to retrieve the answer. That can also be a lesson as well, a lesson on research. How to look up the questions they have at the library, on a computer or through finding someone who already knows. Being curious is not a bad thing but knowing where to get the answer correctly is better. ( )
  Erin.Kuszmaul | Feb 4, 2017 |
This is George.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,614,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible