Priest (2016)

by Sierra Simone

Series: Priest (Simone) (1)

There are many rules a priest can't break. A priest cannot marry. A priest cannot abandon his flock. A priest cannot forsake his God. I've always been good at following rules. Until she came. Then I learned new rules. My name is Tyler Anselm Bell. I'm twenty-nine years old. Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again. I am a priest and this is my confession.… (more)

Holy hotness Batman. Do not read this if you have staunch views on the preisthood, religion, Catholicism and things like that. You won't like it and will most likely be offended. If you want hotness with a side of smut, then I'd say go for it. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
First off, hands down, the sex between Tyler and Poppy was absolutely hot! The premise of a forbidden love is something that I typically enjoy reading. Tyler being a priest, falling in love, I have no problem with. He is after all, just a man.

However, what I found with great difficulty to read is the scenes where the altar was used, and other important religious items were used to commit their sin. I am Catholic, no longer consistently practicing. I grew up with the traditions, grew up valuing every piece that goes with being Catholic. Despite my non practicing status, I could not tolerate the "disrespect" for what is held sacred in Catholicism. That is my personal view, I'm sure the author was taking some liberties to tell the story, but unfortunately it is not something for me. ( )
  Cookie1975 | Feb 17, 2021 |
I couldn’t read this as fast as I usually do romance; there were just too many big feelings happening that it felt like too much. I think almost too much is a good phrase for this book; the whole thing was a blend of dirty and sacred, yet love was at the center of it all. Religious peeps will likely have problems reading this, but I thought it was beautiful. ( )
  spinsterrevival | Jan 22, 2021 |
I feel if I were catholic this book would offend me. ( )
  amandanan | Jun 6, 2020 |
Wasn't sure how I'd feel about this one, but it ended up being really good, esp. as it got towards the end. Enjoyed it. :)

Crystal423 | Mar 23, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

To the Dirty Laundry girls and the Literary Gossip posse—I can’t tell which one of us is the bad influence on the other. Let’s never change.

And to Laurelin, for all those late night theology sessions and the Sunday morning sermon trading. We’re in sync. Jinx again.
There are many rules a priest can’t break.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,054,355 books! | Top bar: Always visible