Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend by Alan Cumyn

Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend

by Alan Cumyn

Everything changes for a teenaged girl with a perfectly controlled life when she falls for the hot new first-ever interspecies transfer student, a pterodactyl named Pyke.

You will either love it or hate it. It’s just that kind of book.
I’m on the love side. My reading standards are not high. I don't get mad at a book just because the characters are not plausible. So yes I enjoyed this book, The story about a girl who realizes she doesn’t have to be the person she thinks everyone expects her to be. Yeah it also has a hot pterodactyl exchange student, a horny one at that and yes the color purple is highly written about in this book. The story is about Sheils with a pterodactyl thrown in the mix sure it could have worked if you replaced the bird element with a new boy in school but really… aren't there enough of those books already?
  greergreer | Mar 1, 2019 |
On the one hand: this book is exactly what it says on the tin.

On the other hand: the fuck did I just read. ( )
  bucketofrhymes | Dec 13, 2017 |
Books like this defy description. I was immediately drawn to the bizarre title and even more bizarre description. How could I not read something so crazy?! There have been a lot of teen werewolf and vampire romances (i.e. paranormal romance) but there have been little to none inter-specie's romance for teen readers. Young adults need not look further! Shiels, a nerdy, over accomplished braniac finds herself spiraling out of control her senior year in high school when a pterodactyl named Pyke comes to school. "An endangered life, a rare spirit, newly arrived from the great beyond." She finds herself oddly infatuated with him and her relationship with her boyfriend and her studies start to go to the wayside as she finds herself dreaming about Pyke's beak and other anatomy. At the school dance she boogies her way onto the stage where Pyke's band is performing and wrangle dances with him on stage in front of the entire student body. After that incident her nose is turned purple and she feels more in tune with the pterodactyl than ever, her high school likfe is about to get a lot more complicated. Why? "Because they had seen the real her, stripped of her title, her costumes, her armor, her aura - they had seen her in the wrangle dance, another of Pyke's girls. Chosen by him, marked by him, slave to him." Absurd, bizarre, and insane. I don't even know what to feel about this book. ( )
  ecataldi | Mar 25, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,742,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible