Spindrift by Phyllis A. Whitney

Spindrift (1975)

by Phyllis A. Whitney

Christy Moreland returns to her family's estate to learn the truth about her father's mysterious death.

Christy Moreland has just gotten out of the hospital. She suffered a mental breakdown on New Years Eve when her father was found shot to death in the tower room of [Spindrift]. Her husband Joel brought her home to his mother’s mansion, where Christy’s father had died. Christy wasn’t thrilled, but she knew her son was at the mansion. Christy desperately want her son back. She also was determined to find her father’s murderer. Christy’s stepmother tries to convince Christy not to go to Spindrift, as something bad would possibly happen. Old empty mansions, an armor collection, a jade collection, threats real and imaginary plague Christy as she tried to get her life and her son back. This was an excruciatingly slow read, especially the first half of the book. Christy spent so much time thinking about her past, present and future. Way too much introspection for this reader to bear. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Aug 29, 2018 |
All I remember of this book is 1) I read it in 7th grade because it looked like a grown up book 2) I didn't understand much above half of what I read 3) I didn't develop a taste for romance due to it. However, the title and author -- and the cover image -- stick in my head to this day. ( )
  Murphy-Jacobs | Apr 11, 2013 |
Family conflict, murder/suicide, elaborate descriptions, incessant introversion of main character, make up this mystery with an unexpected happy ending. ( )
  lopemopay | Jan 14, 2008 |
While I was in the hospital I kept drifting in and out of the world around me.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,758,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible