The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

The Unexpected Everything (edition 2017)

by Morgan Matson (Author)

Andie has a plan and she alwayssticks to the plan. Future? A top tier medical school. Dad? Avoid as much as possible (which isn't that hard considering he's a Congressman and never around). Friends? Palmer, Bri, and Toby - pretty much the most awesome people on the planet, who needs anyone else? Relationships? No one's worth more than three weeks. So it's no surprise she's got her summer all planned out too. Until a political scandal cancels her summer pre-med internship, and lands both her and Dad back in the same house for the first time in years. Suddenly she's doing things that aren't Andie at all - working as a dog walker, doing an epic scavenger hunt with her dadand maybe, just maybe, letting the super cute Clark in closer than expected. Palmer, Bri and Toby tell her to embrace all the chaos, but here's the thing ... can she?… (more)
Member:HYSLibrary
Title:The Unexpected Everything
Authors:Morgan Matson (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2017), Edition: Reprint, 560 pages

Work Information

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

This book is trying to be cute. Trying WAY too hard.
I spent two days reading this, but it felt like freaking ETERNITY!. A forever of sub-par meh.

Dear Author,
Please consider writing middle-grade.
I know, they can't drive stick and stay out all night. BUT!
But they can have daily quests and ride bicycles.
Plus: first crushes, first kisses, and just as much dramatic drama if not more.
Please. Really seriously think about it.
Sincerely,
S.
P.S. Maybe you could lose the dead or dying parent thing?
At least once in a while.
Like, give them a bad divorce or something?

QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
IM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK HOLY CRAP ( )
  alexisxnicole | May 12, 2022 |
This was maybe my very favorite Morgan Matson book. It was the perfect blend of friendship, family relationships, and a really touching romance that I loved watching unfold. Andie is the daughter of a congressman, and never lets things get serious with any guy.

When her father gets investigated, and her summer internship falls through, they are stuck together for the summer, and she winds up meeting a cute guy, Clark, while dog walking. This one is ADORABLE if you are a pet lover. Bertie, the main dog character, is such a cutie. And so is watching Andie work things out with her dad. One of the best summer-themed reads I’ve found!

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
Pensé que me gustaría más ( )
  Ella_Zegarra | Jan 18, 2022 |
It has been fun reading a cute summer read on a cold winter day imagining the beautiful sunny days… This book is quite slow, predictable, not much going on in the way of a plot but it is still enjoyable and very much fun. This book is all about relationships. Andie and her father who don’t even know how to talk to each other when they are together, navigate this tricky time in their lives by trying to communicate, get through their grief of losing her mother, finding new things to do together like watching John Wayne movies and sharing ice cream among other things. Andie’s group of friends is amazing and I loved their group chats, inside jokes, emoji texts, scavenger hunts and it really reminded me of some of my closest friends. And finally the romance – Clark. He is a very cute nerd, young and famous fantasy writer, homeschooled socially awkward boy who has very very cute dimples. I really loved reading about him and the way he tried to give all the time Andie needed to open up to him, share her feelings and find happiness in the now without making plans for everything. Andie gives Clark the chance to make new memories with a nice group of friends and it was great to see him having fun with everyone, come out of his shell and find the inspiration for his next book. The cause of all the angst towards the end really frustrated me (Andie.. I am looking at you 🙄🙄) and I would have given an even lesser rating if not for the realistically happy ending.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys happy stories with fun characters, witty banter and good relationships. Just don’t look for a great plot and be prepared for a long read. ( )
  ksahitya1987 | Aug 20, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,546,360 books! | Top bar: Always visible