The Obsession by Nora Roberts

The Obsession

by Nora Roberts

A great tale, though the characters could have used a bit more fleshing out as some come of as flat...props. Wonderful story however. ( )
  TiffanyHow | Oct 3, 2017 |
This was almost like two books in one! The first part of it was very suspenseful, the middle was more of a contemporary romance then for the last part it went back to being a suspense novel. I love both types of books by this author but trying to combine them didn't work out very well and threw off the vibe of the book a bit. It would have been better if it was a little more seamless. While her character was a little predictable I did enjoy reading Naomi's story especially because Xander calls her out for having such ridiculous, predictable, pity me emotions. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Aug 29, 2017 |
Nora Roberts has a way of bringing her characters to life like no other author I've read. The dialogue seems real and the emotions are spot on. She is also impeccable at research, giving her characters occupations and lifestyles that are true to real life. Her stories always manage to draw me in. I find myself reading so quickly, that the story is over before I want it to be. In The Obsession, twelve-year-old Naomi discovers that her father has been raping and murdering women in a cellar located in the woods near their home. When she saves Ashley from a similar fate and brings her to the police, her father is arrested and Naomi's world is changed forever. Paparazzi, a true crime book, and a movie make life impossible for Naomi and her family, so they move to New York. Naomi finds a career as a photographer and travels the world until she discovers a house near Seattle where she makes the decision to finally settle down. When she meets Xander and falls in love, Naomi thinks that maybe she has found what she has been searching for her entire life until women start turning up dead, and the nightmare her father brought her has a child seems to have returned to her life. I never tire of reading books by Nora Roberts, and I enjoyed this one a great deal. I'll be looking forward to her next story. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
I enjoyed this quite a bit, and a lot of my enjoyment was Naomi's reluctant adoption of the dog. He's found his human pack and he's not going to let them get away, no matter what she thinks about it. I find myself picking this book up and flipping to the page where she finds the pooch on the side of the road then reading the next 10-15 pages just because it's so familiar to anyone who's had a stray animal walk into his or her life.

The rest of the book was standard Nora Roberts. Strong stubborn woman, strong obstinate man, both fighting the obvious attraction. If that's formulaic, so be it. ( )
  Linkmeister | Jun 11, 2017 |
good story - Naomi witnesses her father as a serial killer; moves to Seattle area and meets Xander. A new serial killer comes to the forefront - decent story. ( )
  afarrington | May 2, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,654,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible