Hold Me Down by Jackie Ashenden

This is my first read by [a:Jackie Ashenden|6577006|Jackie Ashenden|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1411626666p2/6577006.jpg], and I can definitely say that I will be reading a lot more. She does raw and gritty very well, which fits perfectly into this series set in New Orleans. When I first started the Deacons series, I wasn't sure how I would feel about each book being written by a different author. But I have to say that I have really enjoyed getting to know all of these new authors!

So the series is continuing with the Deacons of Bourbon Street back in New Orleans following the suspected murder of their former president, Priest. So far, the series has revolved around four main Deacons - Ajax, Cash, Blue and Prince. The first two books follow Ajax (President), Cash (kinda the Treasurer I would say), and this book features Blue (Vice-Pres) as the group investigate the death of Priest, and claim their women in the process.

Leon "Blue" Delacroix is not your average biker. I mean he has all the rough and tumble alpha qualities... but there is more. He comes from family money and the Delacroix name seems to be well-known around town. But after his father shattered Blue's illusions about family and relationships, Blue patches in with the Deacons. But not long after, a Deacon deal goes bad and Priest sends them out of the city in exile. They left everyone and everything... and now 10 years later they are back in a big way. One of my favorite aspects of Blue's character (other than his gruff alpha male yumminess) was his FIDELITY! Yes, you read that right. A biker that doesn't sleep around and takes relationships seriously. Where can I find one???

Alice "Red" Day was childhood friends with Blue - her mother used to clean the Delacroix home and Ally would tag along to help and hang out with Leon. Ally was devastated when Blue left without a word, and she suffered a couple other tragedies in short order after he left. Seeking family and safety, she joined the Ministry. No matter her reasons, she is now a traitor in the eyes of the Deacons. But that magnetic draw to Blue is still there, and her loyalties are being pulled in every direction. Ally was definitely not your average heroine - she preferred leather pants to short skirts, and she is a mechanic. I liked that she was part tough chic but still had a vulnerability that I could identify with.

There was a lot of angst and drama in this romance, a lot of push and pull. Normally that can get on my nerves - but I actually enjoyed it in this book. Jackie Ashenden did a good job of drawing you into the story so I was feeling the emotions right along with our main characters. This book also reminded me of how much of an a$$hole Ajax really is - I had forgotten that about his book. We didn't see much Cash, but got a few glimpses of Prince. I am looking forward to seeing what [a:Maisey Yates|3430431|Maisey Yates|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1302289260p2/3430431.jpg] does with his character. A biker in a suit is definitely going to be interesting.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 4 stars / 4 flames. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
WHOA! What a twist this story took on the plot. Totally did not see that coming. All those years back, Blue's best friend was Red, the reason he joined the Deacons of Bourbon Street and now she's in the Graveyard Ministry! And man does this guy Blue have patience. 10 years of holding himself back from returning to the Deacons and home, 10 years of control and abstinence. It all goes out the window when he sees that Alice Day aka Red has a Ministry tattoo and she's switched loyalties. And that's when he literally sees Red, emotionally and physically. He is willing to do anything to keep her out of Ajax's line of fire, because the Deacons of Bourbon Street are ready to spill some blood.

For Red its too little too late. When he left her 10 years ago, she found herself without the protection of a family or a club and Blade took her in, making a pledge to her dying father that he would always protect her. So her home is with the Ministry and she's not willing to betray them for a club who abandoned her for so long. But she is not convinced that the Ministry is responsible for priest's death either, and she is going to do everything she can to prove that so she can keep both her family and the man she loves safe.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
Blue hasn't been with the Deacons of Bourbon Street MC for 10 years, but he's back now to help find out who murdered their president 'Priest'.
Regrettably he also left a good friend all those years ago, a young girl, Alice. But she's not a girl any more, she's now a drop-dead gorgeous woman and he'd like to carry on their friendship, maybe bring it to the next level, but she's moved on, can she be trusted?.

Alice has loved Blue for years, even when they were just friends Alice hoped that one day Blue would see her as more than just a little girl - a pal - and return her feelings, but he broke her heart by leaving the MC with out even telling her he was going.
And now he's back, and she has joined a different MC. Can she help him, should she help him?

When Blue and Alice get together again the pages sizzle, the chemistry between them can't denied. At first Blue has a lot of explaining to do but Alice has grown and toughened up over the years, they try hard to understand each other but it's not easy in the beginning for them both. In the end they decide to work together to find who murdered Priest, any thing else is a bonus.

The story is very exciting, full of thrills, and very sexy. A great story, I would highly recommend this book if you love a good MC read. 5/5 ( )
  JulieD2 | Nov 27, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,790,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible