Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person

by Shonda Rhimes

The mega-talented creator of Greys Anatomy and Scandal and executive producer of How to Get Away With Murder chronicles how saying YES for one year changed her lifeand how it can change yours, too. With three hit shows on television and three children at home, the uber-talented Shonda Rhimes had lots of good reasons to say NO when an unexpected invitation arrived. Hollywood party? No. Speaking engagement? No. Media appearances? No. And there was the side-benefit of saying No for an introvert like Shonda: nothing new to fear. Then Shondas sister laid down a challenge: just for one year, try to say YES to the unexpected invitations that come your way. Shonda reluctantly agreedand the result was nothing short of transformative. In Year of Yes, Shonda Rhimes chronicles the powerful impact saying yes had on every aspect of her lifeand how we can all change our lives with one little word. Yes.… (more)
    Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (Kiddboyblue)
    Kiddboyblue: These are both inspiring reads that deal with overcoming obstacles like depression and anxiety.

This book was mentioned on Episode 2 of Checking Out. Listen here!
  rachelreading | Oct 17, 2020 |
I don't think I can explain how much I loved this book. The audiobook is the absolute best. It came at a good time in my life and has been an inspiration for some of the changes I'm making in my own life. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be friends with Shonda, since she has lots of friends named Chris but no personal librarian yet :) ( )
  Chris.Bulin | Oct 1, 2020 |
More memoir than self help, but still so so so good. ( )
  Jessica_Olin | Sep 17, 2020 |
Marking this abandoned since I have really no desire to finish it. Loyal Shondaland follower, but she just doesn't get personal enough. I feel like most of this could be found out via the Internet. ( )
  amandanan | Jun 6, 2020 |
I super loved this book. I'm a big Grey's Anatomy fan so when I read "how to dance it out" I knew I had to read it. I loved getting to see Shonda's transformation through her words. Wonderful. ( )
  USFJoyGirl | May 17, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,721,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible