Eleven Floors (Volume 1) by Robert Lampros

Eleven Floors (Volume 1) (edition 2015)

by Robert Lampros (Author)

422,863,759 (4)None
Member:RobertLampros
Title:Eleven Floors (Volume 1)
Authors:Robert Lampros (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2015), 64 pages
Rating:*****

Eleven Floors (Volume 1) by Robert Lampros

Eleven Floors walks us with Charlie, in his academic and romantic endeavor, trying to both succeed in his studies, and be with his love Lynn. Through the course of those, he makes use of his religious sources and doesn't forget to pray.
The story is a fairly short novella, and even so - nothing much happens in it. The atmosphere is well passed, but it could have been a perfect ground for a lot more. The psalms brought in as Charles's prayers or sources of inspiration are frequent, and not much happens or changes in the characters in between them, in order to justify them. In an ironic way, the only character which changes and learns something throughout the story is the character of Charlie's roommate, Nate, who gets the hang of religion eventually, after having mocked it at first. But both Charlie and Lynn, separately and together, are conflict-free and everything is ok. It makes a nice read, but that's all. I hope the further volumes take the emotional course a bit further. ( )
  ShirMan | Feb 6, 2016 |
This is a very well written book. This young author creates our main character Charles, that is a devoted christian, and describes his experience going into college, where he meets all variate of people, like his roommate Nate, his girlfriend Lynn, and others on his journey. When facing challenges, he recurs to praying. And he never gets week on his beliefs.
This author is a natural storyteller, and I am sure you will enjoy this story and you will be entertained for a couple of hours. Unfortunately this story is short, but hopefully it will continue soon, as it is advertise as being volume one (or part one) of a series. That is good, because the end of the story left some question marks on my mind, like "What is really going on here?".
Overall, I recommend this book to the permanent library of all readers that appreciate a well written book, that boosts our faith, showing the importance of praying as lifestyle.
The author sent me an electronic version of his book and did not request for a positive review. Opinion expressed here is my own. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Robert Lampros's book Eleven Floors was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Robert Lampros is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,486,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible