Dinosaurs by Gail Gibbons

Dinosaurs (edition 1993)

by Gail Gibbons (Author)

Introduces in simple text and illustrations the characteristics and habits of a variety of dinosaurs.
Member:BridgeElementary01
Title:Dinosaurs
Authors:Gail Gibbons (Author)
Info:Scholastic Inc (1993)

Dinosaurs by Gail Gibbons

A whole bunch of dinosaurs! How we know about dinosaurs! Dinosaur teeth and diets! Categories of Dinosaurs! Meteors! (Boo!) Dinosaurs' connection to Birds!

Ages: 4-7
Source: Tacoma Public Library
  teapotic | Jun 9, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book for two reasons. First, I enjoyed the descriptions provided for each type of dinosaurs. For example, the book describes Prosauropods as “most of them had long necks, lizard-like heads, and long tails.” This description uses kid-friendly language that helps students identify and understand Dinosaurs better. I also like how the book organized its content. For example, I really enjoy how the book started with a general overview of Dinosaurs and the study of Dinosaurs. Then the book goes into greater detail and categorizes each type. The categories provided are, “Prosauropods, Theropods, Sauropods, Stegosaurs, Ankylosaurs, Ceratopsians, and Ornithopods.” The separation of these categories allows the reader to compare and contrast the different types of Dinosaurs. The main concept of this book is to learn about the rise and fall of Dinosaurs. ( )
  CathiRussell | Apr 30, 2016 |
I thought this book was a great way to learn about dinosaurs. It was simple written for the topic but I didn’t really like the pictures.
  deed9699 | Oct 13, 2011 |
This book covered a lot of information that I believe dinosaur loves of all ages who enjoy. The book began by telling what dino means in Greek. Then it covered when they lived, their types, about fossils, when fossils were discovered, what they ate, there groupings, descriptions of types, defense mechanisms, and family structure. Lastly the book detailed how the dinosaurs became extinct, that you can see them in museums, and the life we have today or have had in the past the has dinosaur features.
  rab014 | Sep 21, 2011 |
Information book about dinosaurs and how they lived long ago. There are many types of dinosaurs and different ways each one is classified. Each dinosaur looks different and acts in a certain way. Tells about the life cycle of dinosaurs and how fossils look. Describes each dinosaur and tells of each characteristic it had and how they lived.
  Shar-nel | Sep 18, 2011 |

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,295,749 books! | Top bar: Always visible