Bay of Sighs (Guardians Trilogy): Guardians…

Bay of Sighs (Guardians Trilogy): Guardians Trilogy 2 (original 2016; edition 2017)

by Nora Roberts (Author)

THE #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERThe second novel in the Guardians Trilogy from the bestselling author of Stars of Fortune. Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New to this world, her purity and beauty are nothing less than breathtaking, along with her graceful athleticism, as her five new friends discovered when they retrieved the fire star. Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the water star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit. But Sawyer knows that if he allows her into his heart, no compass could ever guide him back to solid ground...And in the darkness, their enemy broods. She lost one star to the guardians, but there is still time for blood to be spilled--the mermaid's in the water and the traveler's on the land. For she has forged a dangerous new weapon. Something deadly and unpredictable. Something human.Don't miss the other books in the Guardians TrilogyStars of FortuneIsland of Glass … (more)
Member:ScapeKonvikt
Title:Bay of Sighs (Guardians Trilogy): Guardians Trilogy 2
Authors:Nora Roberts (Author)
Info:Piatkus (2017), Edition: 01, 368 pages

Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts (2016)

The Bay of Sighs continues the Guardians' Trilogy. After finding and hiding the first of the three stars, the guardians are led to the island of Capri to look for the second. The search leads them to watery caves surrounding the island. Bran and Sasha have cemented their relationship, and in this book, Sawyer and Annika take center stage. Sawyer, whose has the ability to use a magic compass to take them to other places and times finds himself falling for Annika the mermaid chosen by her people to be part of the quest for the three stars. Nerezza has found an ally in Malmon who is also Sawyer's nemesis. Their quest leads them to the mythical Bay of Sighs, but the guardians, especially Sawyer and Annika, face difficult tests along the way that threaten to put an end to their newfound love.
This is another good entry in the Guardian's Trilogy leading to the third and final book, The Island of Glass. ( )
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
This one was my least favorite of the trilogy, because it spent too much time (in my opinion) on the evil god and her minions, which could have been spent with our heroes searching for the stone. It took place in one of my favorite locations ever, Capri, but I have to wonder if Nora Roberts has ever been to Italy, as she continually talks about group eating pizza American style (with everyone taking slices out of the same pie), while any restaurant in Italy only serves individual sized pizzas, so each person eats her own. ( )
  sanyamakadi | Jan 20, 2021 |
Annika is my favourite character in this trilogy -- she is so full of joy and life and honesty. For once, a romance series that does not allow the "can't be honest with my feelings" trope. Really refreshing. Looking forward now to the conclusion on the mystery. Since there hasn't been the instantaneous chemistry between the last pair of characters that there was with the first two pairs, I'm not sure where Roberts is going to go with them. ( )
  ladypembroke | May 17, 2019 |
*sigh* this was such a wonderful story!!! Is it bad for me to say that the MERMAID is my favorite character of the six here. My goodness she is so badass yet sweet and hilarious. I love how honest she is and just says exactly what she is thinking and has no clue about what is politically correct or social behaviors and its so funny. Like when she wants the hero for sex, she doesn't understand the steps to having sex with a guy. She doesn't understand if he is willing, and she is willing....then lets go for it hehe If only real life was so simple. I can't wait for book three!!!

My Full Review:
In Bay of Sighs, our story continues with our journey to find all three jewels…the stars of Ice, Fire and Water to help with the rise of the new queen. And it all comes down to six players, all with magical gifts, that will save the day and triumph over the evil that is hunting the three stars. They have found the first jewel…the Star of Fire. And now they are on to find the second one…the Star of Water and their trusted time traveler Sawyer, has transported them to the Island of Capri.

Annika is from the sea, she is a mermaid, and was honored to be part of this quest to search for the three stars and make a pact with the other five members. Annika knows that her time is very short, and that she will have to return to the sea after their quest is over. She has a temporary agreement to have both a tail and legs and to change them at will. Annika is carefree and innocent in many ways, she has a beauty that everyone is drawn to. She is athletic, has no inhibitions when it comes to sexual desire, she breathes the water and the sea, she delights in the simple things in life and is in love with Sawyer even though knowing their time is short.

They are on the hunt for the Star of Water, and they are busy training trying to be ready for whatever may be hunting them. Annika delights in cooking and doing laundry, kissing her Sawyer and swimming in the sea with or without legs. Annika is a bit clueless when it comes to social structures of human society, she is a mermaid and sees life differently. She is so full of life and has this vibrant feel to her character that just makes you smile all the way through the story. I will admit that Annika is my favorite character of the six. There is something so different and unique about her character and every time she enters the story, you keep smiling and laughing at her antics but boy she is badass. She can fight when she needs to but she can’t handle weapons. Guns and knives are not her forte, she is innocent in many ways but she has other abilities to fight and protect those she loves.

Our hero, Sawyer, has his compass, a device that allows him to travel time and space and he can transport himself and others anywhere he desires. Its a gift that has been passed down through his family. Sawyer finds himself drawn to Annika and her joyful spirit. He is reluctant to start anythiing serious with Annika because his feelings for her are serious and he knows she has little time with him. But both Sawyer and Annika realize that they need to hold onto every precious moment they have together with no regrets.

This book made me laugh and cry and kept me on the edge of my seat. Quite frankly, the romance the builds between Sawyer and Annika is sweet yet SEXY!! I honestly wanted them to get together so badly, and they make such a great team together. The sex scenes were pretty awesome, I mean honestly, they were so FUN and sexy. They have explosive chemistry, and yeah Annika is experience in the bedroom and isn’t shy about her body or the pleasure she gets from sex especially when its with Sawyer. I really loved that about her character, she knows what she wants and goes after it. There was one odd sex scene though, when they have sex when she is a mermaid…that was a little odd but I went with it. But hey…Nora Roberts somehow made it work.

There is suspense and adventure…we get some evil workings of the villain and boy she is so evil and I really liked seeing how these six wonderful characters almost defeated her….but we still have book three before we see her get her justice. The ending got a bit intense there for a moment, and yeah I was a bit in tears in parts especially in some poignant scenes between Sawyer and Annika when their love is put to the test. ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 2, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water'd shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose branches are bent with thick set fruit.
--Christina Rossetti
Fortune favors the brave.
--Terence
For my grandchildren,
my magick, and miracles
Prologue: The story was told, generation by generation, in song and in story, until time misted it into myth and legend.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,238,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible