Pleasures of the Night (Dream Guardians,…

Pleasures of the Night (Dream Guardians, Book 1) (edition 2007)

by Sylvia Day (Author)

Series: Dream Guardians (1)

There are sensuous pleasures that can only be tasted in the night . . . He comes to her in the twilight between sleep and consciousness to fulfill her secret desires. Lyssa Bates has never experienced such ecstasy, brought to her by a man whose deep, soul-penetrating blue eyes hold the promise of tempting intimacies and decadent pleasures. But this stranger, this lover, this immortal seducer is only a dream--a phantom of her nocturnal fantasies--until he appears, inexplicably, at her door in the flesh! Lyssa aches for the reality of him, but there is grave danger in surrender. Because Captain Aidan Cross is on a mission, and the passion that consumes them both, body and soul, could have dire consequences in a world of dreams . . . and in the waking one as well.… (more)
Member:megansusedbooks
Title:Pleasures of the Night (Dream Guardians, Book 1)
Authors:Sylvia Day (Author)
Info:Avon Red (2007), Edition: 1st, 302 pages

Pleasures of the Night by Sylvia Day

English (7)  Polish (1)  All languages (8)
The main attraction of the story is the steam. Sylvia Day knows how to write sexy. Surprisingly enough though I remember it being a bit sexier the first time around (reread here), so even that doesn't hold up as well as I expected. The characters are passable and a bit unremarkable, and the world needs further fleshing out. ( )
  inkedlings | Aug 16, 2021 |
I purchased this book from Half Priced Books to read. All opinions are my own. 🌟🌟🌟🌟 Pleasures of the Night by Syliva Day. Hard working Lyssa Bates is exhausted but sleep eludes her. One night in her dreams a man comes to her and he is absolute perfection. Everything a woman could dream of......once he realizes she can see exactly who he is he becomes afraid of disrupting his world and hers so he goes to her only in her world she has no idea who he is only that he seems familiar. It doesnt take long for him to tell her an unimaginable story that puts both of their lives in jeopardy. The sex is so good neither of them want to part and both is willing to die to save the other. Review also posted on Instagram @borenbooks, Library Thing, Twitter @jason_stacie, Facebook, Amazon, Goodreads/StacieBoren and my blog at readsbystacie.com ( )
  SBoren | Jan 2, 2020 |
Dreamer and Guardian, he comes through the dreams to save her because she is the key
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
4.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
This story wasn't what I expected and maybe that's why I didn't like it. The story is about the world called the "Twilight" where people live who invade dreams to help keep nightmares at bay. The female lead lives in our world and is "The Key," which may or may not be a bad thing. The male lead is a warrior in the Twilight who battles nightmares. This just wasn't my kind of story and I just couldn't enjoy it. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,283,574 books! | Top bar: Always visible