Miss Malarkey Leaves No Reader Behind by…

Miss Malarkey Leaves No Reader Behind

by Judy Finchler, Kevin O'Malley (Illustrator)

Miss Malarkey vows to find each of her students a book to love by the end of the school year, but one video-game loving boy proves to be a challenge.

3.3, K-3
  CurrColl | Sep 12, 2019 |
Emily Weinstein
In my opinion this is a very interesting book and I wanted to keep reading on. First, the plot held a lot of suspense, you have to keep reading to find out if the teacher would find a book that interests the boy, and what type of book that would be. Second, I think the illustrations were very strong and enhanced the story/ The images show tons of emotion on the characters faces and accurately showed the moods of each character. For example, we can see the frustration and lost hope on the boys face when he tries to read poetry. Lastly, this book pushes readers to broaden their opinions/perspectives on reading, and reminds readers that reading can be for everyone and there is a lot of genres/topics that could interest everyone. The big idea of this story is to not give up and that it is important for teachers to put the effort into helping their students and push their students to their full potential.
  eweins6 | Sep 4, 2019 |
This is Miss Brooks Loves Books (And I Don't) for a slightly older audience. A reluctant reader discovers a passion for reading once his teacher shares the "right" book. A school principal promises to dye his hair purple and sleep on the school's roof if the students can read 1,000 books within the school year. Our narrator, the most reluctant and stubborn of all Miss Malarkey's students, ultimately finds the perfect read, which clocks in as the 1,001st book. ( )
  HSunseri | Dec 1, 2018 |
This is a book about a principal who will dye his hair if all the student read 1000 books and how miss malarkey helps a certain student who doesn't like books.
Age:6-10
Source: Pierce College
  Anola | Mar 7, 2018 |
This book shows that even the most reluctant readers can eventually find a book that suits their personal tastes. I could use this book to kick off our A.R. reading challenge event. I, like Miss Malarkey, will support students in their quests for perfect books.
  Mrominger | Jan 18, 2016 |

Judy Finchlerprimary authorall editionscalculated
O'Malley, KevinIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,914,691 books! | Top bar: Always visible