Runaway Vampire (Argeneau Novels) by Lynsay…

Runaway Vampire (Argeneau Novels) (edition 2016)

by Lynsay Sands (Author)

Member:dustydigger
Title:Runaway Vampire (Argeneau Novels)
Authors:Lynsay Sands (Author)
Info:Avon Books (2016), 368 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:paranormal romance, lynsay sands, 2017 : my reads

Runaway Vampire by Lynsay Sands

Runaway Vampire is a light and sweet read. Even though it’s number 23 it can be read as a stand-a-lone. But, I will say Dante Notte and his twin pop up in previous titles, so you might enjoy more if read in order.

Their isn't anything new to the series. It's pretty much the same, but with different characters or problems. I have to mention that I really enjoy Sands vampires. They are not your typical vampires and I like this aspect of the series.

The storyline is that Dante and his twin where sent to investigate vampire kidnappings and have gotten themselves kidnapped. Dante finds a way to get away, but now we are wondering who has kidnapped them and why? It was enjoyable the little RV drive to avoid being captured again and to protect Mary his life mate.

The romance is charming and sweet. Dante, I just adore him. He’s such a nice guy. Mary she was nice and I liked her level headedness. She had concerns being attracted to a man who looks in his mid 20’s early 30’s when she’s an old lady in her 60's, but these two got along. I had fun with the shared dreams and once Mary was changed well the life sex - makes them pass out. I always had fun with that aspect.

I will say I did miss Aunt Marguerite. She has a gift for finding life mates and brings a little humor into the story, but here we don’t have her and well this couple “accidentally” runs into each other and nature takes it’s course.

I wasn’t overly impressed and it’s not my favorite, but I still enjoyed Runaway Vampire. I must admit that I prefer the older pervious titles, the ones at the beginning. They just had so much more life, humor, and quarry fun to them. Now it just feels a little stale even though we are getting a different plot with the kidnappings.

Rated: 3 Stars

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
This was pretty good, plenty of moments to have you laughing out loud and as always tons of fun. However, I felt like the last three books of this series have started to kind of drag along every so slightly. I get the sense that there are some things (particularly the sex scenes) put in the story because they HAVE to be there not because they advance the plot. I don't find them as enjoyable as earlier stories for this reason. Now maybe that's me, but it feels kind of like there is some difficulty coming up with ways of keeping these key elements fresh and unique for each story. As a reader of the series it may be that I've read the "meaning of lifemate" speech so many times that it feels that way to me and it may not come off that way to a new reader. All the same I loved the new spin with an older love interest. THAT was definitely fresh and tons of fun! ( )
  carru | Sep 28, 2017 |
I've read some of the Argeneau novels by Lynsay Sands and enjoyed a lot of them, but some are just not my cup of tea and Runaway Vampire is in that number.
Mary is an older widow who just isn't that nice or interesting. Dante is great and the only thing that really saves the book. The romance between them was just silly (and uncomfortable to read), and was too conveniently resolved. The cliffhanger ending didn't make me want to read the next book. This book dragged and there was a lot of backstory that has been done over and over in the other books that filled a lot of pages, making the story here even flimsier. Not the best of the series by any means. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jul 5, 2016 |
Runaway Vampire

The Characters:

Dante Notte
Mary Winslow

The Story:

HOW COULD SHE LEAVE ME ON A CLIFFHANGER!?! Okay so Mary and Dante’s story is complete but the whole Tomasso situation is up in the air and I NEED to know what happens.

It’s no lie I already love this series. Dante has been a gentle giant that has deserved his Happily Ever After for many years and I’m so glad he’s found Mary. Their story was so engrossing that I actually had dreams about being in an RV. I love the overall story arc that we are climbing. This is a solid hit for me from the Argeneau family.

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | May 12, 2016 |
I enjoyed this one so much more than the last few ones! It had nothing to do with the woman starting out as 62 years old either! lol There just wasn't any of the alpha male bullshit. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Apr 5, 2016 |
Mary stifled a yawn, and then gave her head a shake, trying to ease the sleepiness closing in around her.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062316044, Mass Market Paperback)

Buckle up—the Argeneaus are back in a sexy, witty new novel from New York Times bestselling author Lynsay Sands

Dante Notte has heard it said that love hurts. He just wasn't expecting it to run him over in an RV. Still, a punctured lung and broken ribs are nothing compared to the full-body shock he feels whenever he's near the vehicle's driver, Mary Winslow. He needs to keep her safe from their pursuers while he rescues his brother. Most challenging of all, he needs to claim this smart, stubborn woman as his life mate.

The naked, injured, insanely gorgeous younger man who clambered into her RV insists they belong together. If Mary wasn't feeling their incredible connection in every inch of her being, she wouldn't believe it. But now that the men who took Dante's twin are after her too, trusting her gut means risking her life for an immortal who's the very definition of a perfect stranger.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:20:41 -0500)

After accidentally running him over with her RV, Mary becomes involved with the gorgeous younger Immortal man who is searching for his missing twin.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,028,833 books! | Top bar: Always visible