Horrible Bear! by Ame Dyckman

Horrible Bear! (edition 2016)

by Ame Dyckman (Author), Zachariah OHora (Illustrator)

When Bear breaks a little girl's kite, she thinks he is a "HORRIBLE BEAR!"--until she makes a mistake of her own and learns the power of saying "I'm sorry."
Member:JennyArch
Title:Horrible Bear!
Authors:Ame Dyckman (Author)
Other authors:Zachariah OHora (Illustrator)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2016), 40 pages
Rating:***
Tags:children's, picture book

Horrible Bear! by Ame Dyckman

-Relatable experience for kids
-Not an accusatory tone-doesn't make judgements-portrays how it's okay to feel emotions like anger-it only matters how you act on it and who you might hurt
-Learn kindness, sympathy, empathy, and manners
-Shows example of conflict-resolution
-Simple background to focus attention on the characters and narrative
-Subdued hues used for coloring acrylic illustrations
-Bold black outlines emphasize the humor and over-the-top tantrums familiar to caregivers and children alike ( )
  EMiMIB | Jul 4, 2019 |
My daughter is home from her first year of college. Time for Mama, Papa and Baby Bear to sit on the sofa for a picture book binge! (1 of 4)

Appropriately, we have a bear story to begin. The simple story of anger and forgiveness is carried by the striking art. ( )
  villemezbrown | May 12, 2019 |
A little girl breaks into bears home and wakes him up, as she leaves she repeadtly shouts "Horrible bear." Bear became very upset because he was not horrible so he came up with an idea, but it was a horrible bear idea. He practiced barging, creating a ruckus, and waking someone up. Meanwhile the girl was to upset to nap, she tried reading, drawing, and talking to the best listener she knew. Finally bear stomps his way to the girls front door. he girl apologized to horrible bear and all the horrible left bears body. The girl was sad because her bunnies ear had ripped off bear got an idea. Bear used a clothespin to attach the fallen ear back on to the bunnies ear. After that they went for a walk and nothing was horrible at all. This is a good book for children five to six because of the text and meaning behind the book. I think the message behind the book is to not call anyone names because in this case the name was not even accurate. ( )
  Salma.Mart | Nov 25, 2018 |
A wonderful story about emotions and how others can effect one's own day! The illustrations are great and humorous, making reading the book aloud to children enjoyable.
In a classroom, I would introduce the topic of emotions. How others effect our emotions, what we do when we feel angry or sad...
  Morgan1983 | Oct 9, 2018 |
A book about a little girl and a bear who get into a tricky situation involving a lot of blame and anger and horrible feelings. Hopefully they can figure out a way to make up.
  AmandaTolmachev | Aug 12, 2018 |

Ame Dyckmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ohora, ZachariahIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
A girl peeked into Bear's cave.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,598,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible