The Tiara on the Terrace by Kristen…

The Tiara on the Terrace (edition 2016)

by Kristen Kittscher (Author)

Series: Young & Yang (2)

193914,470 (3.75)None
Best friends and amateur pre-teen sleuths Sophie Young and Grace Yang go undercover at their town's annual festival and parade to catch a murderer before he or she strikes again.
Member:jms68776
Title:The Tiara on the Terrace
Authors:Kristen Kittscher (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2016), 400 pages

Work Information

The Tiara on the Terrace by Kristen Kittscher

I really hope there is a third Young and Yang book or I might cry. Sequel is as delightfully funny and exciting as the first one. ( )
  sarahlh | Mar 6, 2021 |
Best friends and middle-grade crime-fighting duo Sophie Young and Grace Yang return in this second adventure, following up on their debut in The Wig in the Window. This time the young sleuths become involved in a murder-mystery when the president of The Winter Sun Festival - an important annual event in their California town - is found dead. Although the police seem to be treating it as an accident, Young and Yang know better, and together with their good friend (and budding mechanical genius) Trista Bottoms, they decide to go undercover as Royal Pages at the festival, in order to investigate.

I enjoyed this second foray into the world of tween sleuths Sophie and Grace, although it did take me a little longer to become involved in the story than it did with the first. I thought Kittscher once again managed to capture the challenges facing young people trying to balance the ties of friendship with the desire to fit in. It was telling that although Sophie worried that Grace would feel more at home with the more fashion-conscious girls at the Festival than with her, it was she (Sophie) who betrayed their friendship, by relating an embarrassing story about Grace. The mystery itself kept me guessing at first, although I managed to work out the identity of the guilty party fairly quickly. Still, The Tiara on the Terrace was a solidly engaging middle-grace read, one I would recommend to kids looking for fun mysteries, as well as engaging tales of friendship. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jun 12, 2016 |
Two girls try to tackle a murder mystery. (Sequel to The Wig in the Window)
  lfitzsimmons | Feb 6, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Kristen Kittscher is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,905,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible