The Higher Taste: A Guide to Gourmet…

by Bhutatma Dasa (Author)

A guide to the world of gourmet vegetarian cooking. It helps you discover the health and economic advantages, as well as various ethical and spiritual considerations.
Member:cjheston
Title:The Higher Taste: A Guide to Gourmet Vegetarian Cooking and a Karma-Free Diet
Authors:Bhutatma Dasa (Author)
Info:The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust (2006), Edition: 2nd, 161 pages

Work Information

The Higher Taste: A Guide to Gourmet Vegetarian Cooking and a Karma-Free Diet by A C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

#30, 2006

This was a really interesting book. I’ve had it for years and years – I don’t even remember where I got it, but it’s been on my shelf for ages. I’m really glad I finally decided to pick it up and read it, especially since I recently decided to go back to a vegetarian diet. The book discusses a wide spectrum of benefits to vegetarianism – health, economic, environmental and spiritual. It also talks about how to make eating part of a spiritual practice (by preparing food in a spirit of devotion, and offering it to Krsna before eating). It has made me think that perhaps I could incorporate some sort of mindfulness and spirituality to the way I prepare and eat my food. Then, there is a section of recipes, some of which sound really yummy. (I’m a bit intimdated by some of them though, like making my own ghee or curds. But we’ll see – maybe I’ll get adventurous). I’ll be trying some of these recipes very soon. ( )
3 vote herebedragons | Jan 14, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,993,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible