The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide) (2015)

by Sarah Knight

Series: No F*cks Given Guides

Self-Improvement. Nonfiction. Self Help. HTML:

The "genius" national bestseller on the art of caring less and getting more from the author of Calm the F*ck Down and F*ck No (Cosmopolitan).
Are you stressed out, overbooked, and underwhelmed by life? Fed up with pleasing everyone else before you please yourself? It's time to stop giving a f*ck.
This brilliant, hilarious, and practical parody of Marie Kondo's bestseller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up explains how to rid yourself of unwanted obligations, shame, and guilt and give your f*cks instead to people and things that make you happy. The easy-to-use, two-step NotSorry Method for mental decluttering will help you unleash the power of not giving a f*ck about:

• Family drama
  • Having a "bikini body"
  • Iceland
  • Co-workers' opinions, pets, and children
  • And other bullsh*t!

• And it will free you to spend your time, energy, and money on the things that really matter. So what are you waiting for? Stop giving a f*ck and start living your best life today!
    Discover more of the magic of not giving a f*ck with The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck Journal.

… (more)

First and foremost, this book is hilarious. If you don't read the book to actually change how many f*cks you give, read it because the author is a hoot. (Ugh, did I just use "a hoot" to describe somebody? Oh well #notsorry).

More than the humor though, you'll also learn some valid and smart techniques on how to feel less obligated to do things and truly do the things for which you give a f*ck. In the author's words, managing your F*ck Budget.

The book gets a little repetitive after a while and you get the gist of the message pretty quickly. Maybe a series of blogs or articles was a better format; but still some great content and genuine belly laughs along the way. ( )
      teejayhanton | Mar 22, 2024 |
    Jokaisen kannattaa lukea tämä. Vaikka ehkä hiukan itseään toistava onkin. ( )
      AceVonS | Jul 14, 2022 |
    Do y'all ever read a book just because you want to hear someone agree with you and cheer you on when you are trying to do something but feel like you're failing miserably. I do. It's the entire reason I read THE LIFE-CHANGING MAGIC OF NOT GIVING A F*CK. I am super good at giving out f*cks. I give out my daily allotment of f*cks and then I borrow some from tomorrow and next week. I'd be upset that I ran out of f*cks... if I had any more to give, that is. Mostly, that all just leaves me tired.

So is this book actually life-changing? I mean... no? I learned absolutely nothing, though I liked Knight's metaphor of f*cks being a physical object where you only have a finite amount to hand out - that resonated. Otherwise? It was nice to read a book that continued to give me permission to keep doing the thing I am trying to do to value my own time. ( )
      Morteana | May 15, 2022 |
    I think this comes easy for some, but, I struggle with caring too much. This book helps to narrow down your "f!@k budget" into a manageable list.

Also, I thought it was appropriate that as I was returning this book I heard these lyrics on the radio 'these are the things I can do without' good mantra for this book! ( )
      bookdrunkard78 | Jan 6, 2022 |
    I definitely enjoyed the humorous approach to shifting your mentality to make room for only the things that spark joy. I also appreciated the author's focus on not giving a fuck without becoming an asshole, making the book genuinely useful. It's a difficult mentality to shift, which the author fully recognizes, but I'm going to try to implement what she's laid out over time. ( )
      hissingpotatoes | Dec 28, 2021 |

Sarah Knightprimary authorall editionscalculated
    Harms, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Self-Improvement. Nonfiction. Self Help. HTML:

Family drama Having a "bikini body" Iceland Co-workers' opinions, pets, and children And other bullsh*t!

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,340,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible