The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a…

The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time… (original 2015; edition 2015)

by Sarah Knight (Author)

This "parody of Marie Kondo's bestseller The life-changing magic of tidying up, explains how to rid yourself of unwanted obligations, shame, and guilt--and give your f*cks instead to the people and things that make you happy."--Page 4 of cover.
Member:Kyla_Ke
Title:The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
Authors:Sarah Knight (Author)
Info:Confer Books (2015), Edition: Illustrated, 224 pages

The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide) by Sarah Knight (2015)

To be clear, I skimmed this whole book over a period of maybe 20 minutes. ( )
  KittyCatrinCat | Aug 29, 2021 |
I feared that Sarah Knight and I were getting off on the wrong foot when she began with a long rant against natural peanut butter (to me, JIF and its ilk are abominable) and put Iceland as number six on her list of things she didn't give a fuck about (I was IN Iceland, and loving it, while reading her book!). Those are just two of many examples of how the author and I give, and don't give, a fuck about very different things. But so what? Her approach is pretty damn funny AND it's actually quite useful. I breezed through a bit, not giving my heart and soul to making her recommended lists, but did jot down a few things for future reference, and can see her insights (especially re: "the holy fucking trinity" of time, energy, and money--p. 125) coming in handy for sure. Thanks to my sister for giving enough of a fuck about me, and my seemingly perpetual state of worry and fretfulness, to give me this book! ( )
  CaitlinMcC | Jul 11, 2021 |
After weeks (months?) of hearing me mention how great the "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" was, Marilyn decided to pick this book up on a recent trip. It wasn't long before she devoured it and started quoting phrases like "if it's elastic, it feels fantastic" and the need to be able to fit a bottle of wine in your purse. Filled with great quips, it's hard not to laugh during this one. ( )
  adamfortuna | May 28, 2021 |
A parody of a book I dislike which I also dislike. At least it was short. It was a funny concept but didn't need to be an actual book -- a funny blog post would have been fine. ( )
  octal | Jan 1, 2021 |
This sooo would have been a dnf if I'd had access to another book. Any other book...
The over-use of the f* word was quite off-putting, the droning on about the same thing over and over and over and the so outdated and irrelevant refferences (I actually checked when this was published, because the refferences seemed so....old).
It was a drag to read.
And maybe, just maybe, the author is actually some kind of genius. Her forced style, her trying-so-hard-to-shock-so-I'll-try-to-use-f***-as-often-as-I-can, and her egocentric approach, made me not give a f* about her book. Mission acomplished, I'd say. ( )
  HeyMimi | Dec 28, 2020 |

Sarah Knightprimary authorall editionscalculated
Harms, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,298,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible