The Omnivore's Dilemma: The Secrets Behind What You Eat, Young…

by Michael Pollan

An adaptation of the famous book offers insight into food consumption in the twenty-first century, explaining how an abundance of unlimited food varieties reveals the responsibilities of consumers to protect their health and the environment.
Recently added byprivate library, tobelizzie, chesanchez, leahpolk, ghsmediacenter, Gryzenia, Ciarachappell

I am teaching this book in my 9th grade Social Studies class right now as part of the Economics unit. It does a good job breaking down the ideas, with lots of excellent visuals. I think it's really helping the students understand some difficult concepts related to economics and the politics of food. ( )
  leahsusan | Mar 26, 2022 |
The secrets behind what you eat
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
Pollan presents his book in a thoughtful, intelligent, interesting and personal way, without getting preachy. His personal beliefs are very apparent, but he does not hold others' belief against them. He leads you by the hand through the facts and the experiences, but allows you to make your own decisions. His writing style is an even blend of scholarly reflection and personal narration. I'll definitely be reading some of his other works. ( )
  benuathanasia | Apr 24, 2013 |
This is a great read. I liked the fact that Pollan is able to write about the food industry without judging me to be completely morally bankrupt if I elect to have a Big Mac meal in my car every now and again (hopefully not while driving past the cattle feedlots on the I5 between L.A. and San Francisco ... Ugh!). The piece truly does make you realize that we should be making more conscious choices about what we eat, how we eat, from where our food comes, and how we "vote with our forks." ( )
  ambookgeek | Apr 1, 2010 |
The Omnivore's Dilemma, The Omnivore's Dilemma: Young Readers Edition, and The Omnivore's Dilemma for Kids are three separate works. Please do not combine them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,294,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible