Let’s Play! (Interactive Books for…

Let’s Play! (Interactive Books for Kids, Preschool Colors Book,… (edition 2016)

by Herve Tullet (Author)

Series: Dot

A lively yellow dot leads the reader through a journey through color, shape, and a child's imagination.
Member:ChrissyFalls
Title:Let’s Play! (Interactive Books for Kids, Preschool Colors Book, Books for Toddlers)
Authors:Herve Tullet (Author)
Info:Chronicle Books (2016), Edition: Brdbk, 68 pages

Work Information

Let's Play! by Hervé Tullet

English (7)  Spanish (1)  All languages (8)
This is an excellent choice for early reading interactions. It is brightly colored and each page has a different pointing or tracing task to keep little ones engaged and practicing motor skills. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Aug 5, 2022 |
Better than Mix It Up, but not as good as Press Here. Nothing ever will be. This doesn't have the same cause-and-effect game of Press Here, but I don't really think you can do it wrong, which was my problem with Mix It Up. ( )
  amandabock | Dec 10, 2019 |
Picture book, LET’S PLAY, by Herve Tullet is a definite must for your 2016 list! I have been a huge fan of Tullet since Press Here was published. He makes reading interactive and fun! It is great for getting kids to follow directions and there is nothing better than seeing the wonder in their faces when they turn the pages. The art is creative and makes the words come alive as the reader is “told” to do specific actions with the dots on the page. ( )
  nkoffler | Nov 30, 2016 |
Hervé Tullet, the French author/illustrator who produced Press Here and Mix It Up!, two wonderfully interactive picture-books which involve the reader in a series of actions ostensibly meant to effect changes upon the following pages - the pressing of dots leading to their changing colors, and so forth - returns to the form in this latest title. Here, the reader is invited to follow a yellow dot through many spirals and loops, in a playful game. Finding the dot during a game of hide-and-seek, helping it to jump or get through various obstacles, are all part of the fun.

Unfortunately, although I greatly enjoyed Tullet's previous two titles in this vein, mentioned above, I didn't think that Let's Play was as successful as they were. Unlike Press Here and Mix It Up!, I sometimes found the instructions here imprecise, and thought that they actions solicited didn't always correspond very well with the change seen on the next page. There were also some design flaws - on the hide-and-seek page, the yellow dot almost can't be seen and pressed, because it is in the central gutter - which made the reading process a little less magical. All in all, this was a bit of a disappointment to me, after loving the first two, although I will still be interested to see what Tullet produces, going forward. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jul 8, 2016 |
I need to read this with a child to see how well it truly works. The previous reviews say everything. ( )
  raizel | Jun 22, 2016 |

Hervé Tulletprimary authorall editionscalculated
Franceschelli, ChristopherTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

It's only a yellow dot... but what a dot it is! Readers won't be able to resist this jaunty, adventurous dot, nor its invitation to play along. Thus begins a spectacular ride of color, motion, shape, and imagination, filled with the artistry and delight that we know and love so well from Press Here and Mix It Up! But on this journey, prepare to leap headlong into a completely new dimension: emotion. Connecting not only to the mind but also to the heart, this dot expresses an extraordinary sense of humor, fear, joy, and more as it pushes, lurches, wiggles, and slides its way through—and even off!—the pages of this glorious companion to Press Here and Mix It Up!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,089,571 books! | Top bar: Always visible