This Moment Is Full of Wonders: The Zen…

This Moment Is Full of Wonders: The Zen Calligraphy of Thich Nhat Hanh

by Thich Nhat Hanh

A quick read, this first reading necessary I think to allow me to dip into it, focus on one or a few pages, and reflect in meditation. Closer in character to a reference book than to a novel or essay, then, not really intended to be read front to back or even linearly. We'll see if I find a means for incorporating it into my meditation practise. ( )
  elenchus | Feb 12, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Won through Library Thing's Early Reviewers. Most of the statements in this book are really simple and didn't strike me on a deeper level. Left a bit to be desired. A nice book to leave out to glance at but nothing monumental. I was really hoping for more out of this one. ( )
  cabracrazy18 | Dec 29, 2016 |
A friend who gave me this book didn't even suspect how much of a treasure such a book would be to me, but intuitively she picked it... This book takes no more than 10 min. to read - but it gives you an inspiration of a lifetime. Of course, it has to be read slowly, a page at a time, stopping at every page to absorb its meaning. Beautifully done, the book is a collection of ZEN calligraphy phrases by one of the great Buddhist masters Thich Nhat Hanh. I know him from a wonderful breathing meditation session I heard on a CD. Here too, he talks about breathing, mindfulness, the present moment, and letting go. I know I will return to the pages of this book again and again (!). ( )
1 vote Clara53 | Jun 22, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This Moment is Full of Wonders could be described as a small coffee table book. It's perfect to pick up and randomly dip into. It radiates positive energy. The binding is lovely, as well.
  FranklyMyDarling | Mar 4, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Thich Nhat Hanh takes simple meditative thoughts and uses calligraphy to express them in this beautiful gift book. Every stroke is both purposeless and purposeful. The thoughts are there to read and reread in all their complex simplicity. Lovely. ( )
  debnance | Feb 21, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Thich Nhat Hanh's book This Moment is Full of Wonders was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,175,353 books! | Top bar: Always visible