Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Crimson Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)…

Crimson Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) (original 2016; edition 2017)

by Laurell K. Hamilton (Author)

In her twenty-fifth adventure, vampire hunter and necromancer Anita Blake learns that evil is in the eye of the beholder...   Anita has never seen Damian, her vampire servant, in such a state. The rising sun doesn't usher in the peaceful death that he desperately needs. Instead, he's being bombarded with violent nightmares and blood sweats.    And now, with Damian at his most vulnerable, Anita needs him the most. The vampire who created him, who subjected him to centuries of torture, might be losing control, allowing rogue vampires to run wild and break one of their kind's few strict taboos.   Some say love is a great motivator, but hatred gets the job done, too. And when Anita joins forces with her friend Edward to stop the carnage, Damian will be at their side, even if it means traveling back to the land where all his nightmares spring from...a place that couldn't be less welcoming to a vampire, an assassin, and a necromancer: Ireland.… (more)
Member:DoaneNerd
Title:Crimson Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton (Author)
Info:Berkley (2017), Edition: Reissue, 720 pages

Work Information

Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton (2016)

I really loved Laurell K. Hamilton's early Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series books but I did feel like she lost the thread a bit in the middle of the series. I am glad to say that it seems like she is focusing more on the story line and less on the sex of late which makes the books better in my opinion. I think Anita is a great character and Laurell K. Hamilton can write a great plot but her overly complicated sex scenes can somewhat take away from the book. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I enjoyed this book more than some of the more recent releases. In my opinion, there is still WAY too much romantic drama and not enough story. I also feel that the ending wraps up way too fast and isn't given enough time/space to flow. I was glad when the books stopped having as much sex but it was simply replaced with relationship drama. When I read a book I want to be engrossed in the story itself.

I greatly enjoyed Nathaniel coming into his own. The kitten has grown up and showing he has claws. We get to see him really exhibit how clever he is and his ability to not panic in a bad situation as well. I'm glad this triumvirate has finally strengthened but it would have been nice if it had involved a bit less mind-rapey.

I used to make reading the new releases the top of my reading list but they have severely dropped over the years. I am really hoping the author can incorporate more story back into the books and drop the amount of romantic drama. I do not believe it should have taken half the book to get the characters to Ireland and less than 10 pages for the big finale with a short epilogue. ( )
  sylverhart | Jun 24, 2021 |
Writing's good in this one, but scattered. *shrugs* Still fun, and a heck of a lot better than the few unfortunates in the middle, but there are a lot of buts.

Decent fluff. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
hb
  5083mitzi | Jul 22, 2020 |
Not one of her best, the mystery portion felt rushed and incomplete. ( )
  Tip44 | Jun 30, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,309,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible