Go Clean, Sexy You: A Seasonal Guide to…

Go Clean, Sexy You: A Seasonal Guide to Detoxing and Staying Healthy (edition 2015)

by Lisa Consiglio Ryan (Author)

832,169,497 (4.25)None
Best-selling author of cookbooks on Amazon and Barnes and Noble Go Clean, Sexy You not only serves up a collection of delicious recipes, but offers a holistic approach on how to live a healthier life--putting whole foods into your body, detoxing every season to regularly cleanse your system, associating with those who fuel you not bring you down, and managing stress with activities that bring you back to balance. A certified health and nutrition coach, author Lisa Consiglio Ryan provides straightforward guidance on how to overcome the obstacles that keep you from losing those last ten pounds, make you feel exhausted every afternoon, and compel you to indulge in unhealthy habits. Spending years struggling with a growing arsenal of health-destroying conditions that ranged from fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, candida and rosacea to cystitis and tons of allergies, Lisa decided to turn to nutrition and lifestyle to reclaim her health. Then pursuing her education with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, she turned her personal quest into her vocation with the launch of Whole Health Designs. As a nationally acclaimed wellness expert, Lisa has worked with thousands in her detox programs. Her approach incorporates easy-to-adopt eating habits, free from counting calories and fat grams. As you navigate through the seasons with Lisa's whole food-based detox plans, you'll be tapping into your body's wisdom, forming sustainable habits, and developing loving, respectful relationship with your body. Not only will you feel better, you'll look better too!… (more)
Member:CreateWithJoy
Title:Go Clean, Sexy You: A Seasonal Guide to Detoxing and Staying Healthy
Authors:Lisa Consiglio Ryan (Author)
Info:SparkPress (2015), 120 pages

Work Information

Go Clean, Sexy You: A Seasonal Guide to Detoxing and Staying Healthy by Lisa Consiglio Ryan

to-read (1)

Go Clean, Sexy You is a unique program that provides readers with four seasonal plant-based detoxification plans, based on clean eating principles. The program is designed to help you rid your body of toxins and excess weight and help bring you back into balance.

The menu plans vary in length from 7 to 10 days based on the season. The book includes 4 seasonal menu plans, complete shopping lists, and more than 100 easy-to-make recipes.

What I like about Go Clean, Sexy You is that it is inviting, easy to read and use, well organized and full of helpful tips. You don’t have to be a health expert to read this book, and you don’t have to turn your life upside down to do the seasonal detoxes.

Go Clean, Sexy You is a great choice for readers who want to make positive changes to their lives and health and are looking for a flexible plan that anyone can pick up and use.

This is an excerpt from my full review, which you'll find at Create With Joy!

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from Beck Valley Books to review. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own. ( )
  CreateWithJoy | May 16, 2016 |
Having been completely won over after both hubbie and I had read and followed Lisa's detox plan from her previous book 'Renewal Anytime 10 day detox' I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. Her knowledge and attention to detail, as well as the delicious recipes, made our very first detox so much easier than expected.

This time in Go Clean, Sexy You she has completely designed the detox and recipes around each season, giving you a choice of 4 detox plans and recipes to follow. The 'in season' fruit and vegetables also make for an easy shop and are actually what you want to eat at that time of year. I love the way the detox works with the seasons for what your body needs at different times of the year too. If you have the paperback version, it is absolutely lush with stunning images and it is so much easier to use.

Lisa has a really friendly and simple approach that put's you totally at ease as she guides you through the book and she fills you with confidence even before you think of starting the detox. She has literally thought of everything you could possibly want to know in order to complete a successful detox. First she explains the facts behind a detox and why it's not all about the food you eat, she offers practical advice, for each seasonal detox she gives you the menu plans, shopping lists, recipes and it doesn't end there! When you complete your detox she has even included a 'Return to Life' section filled with more delicious recipes and advice to see you continue on the right path and have no excuse of going back to your old ways. Although you don't have to start healthy eating 100% of the time, as Lisa believes in the the 80/20 approach, which sounds quite do-able to me.

In the book the dirty dozen food list was a real eye opener for me and will always continue to try and buy organic foods and I enjoyed learning from the ph chart and information. I also liked the simple menu plan layout which I have been referring to constantly.

We are half way into the Spring detox, which is focusing on the liver, the recipes have been quick to make, easy to follow, and we have not been hungry once. I'm loving some of the recipes so far and will definitely be having them once my detox ends. It's actually nice to be eating food that is naturally flavoured instead of eating what I call 'cardboard food' as well as knowing your going to be helping your own body and seeing the results. I say this with confidence because we had great results from the previous detox both with weight and health issues. Another bonus of doing another detox is that we now already have most of the larder products and vitamins (these are optional).

Now's the time to start your body on a healthy journey with confidence. ( )
  beckvalleybooks | May 13, 2016 |
If you want a great way to kickstart a more healthier lifestyle you must get this book. Lisa Consiglio Ryan makes detoxing fun and delicious. Besides the fact that you are going to get some amazing recipes Ryan takes you through this amazing journey of her reasons behind writing the book as well as how you can personalize your own journey towards getting and remaining healthy. I would highly recommend you get the paperback versus the digital version because along with the great prose you will get beautiful pictures of all the gorgeous fruits, vegetables and meals that Ryan prepares. It truly is a feast for the eyes.

I cannot tell you how many times I got asked by my co-workers what I was eating during my detox. Everyone was so amazed that the meals I was eating were part of a detox. I did the Spring detox so everything was bright, green and fresh. The grapefruit salad with the nuts and avocado was divine and who would have thought that making your own salad dressing was so easy. I did find that I was unable to get through all the recipes that were offered for the Spring only because working full time with three kids amidst baseball practice, dance practice and film school, it is not easy to cook every night. What I did was prep everything on Sunday and again in the middle of the week to keep everything fresh. I ended up with so much, I kind of doubled the recipes, that two evening meals lasted me for the week. The salads for lunch I was able to prep the night before, but still unable to get through all the meals. I found this to be a good thing because next time I use the Spring detox plan I can try new recipes.

Ryan’s writing was so fun and easy to follow that I read through the entire book in just a few sittings and I cannot wait to try the different recipes that she offers for the next season. Summer is coming up already and I am ready for another detox. I thought it was brilliant that she designed the detox plans around the seasons. What a great way to get motivated at the beginning of a seasonal cycle. The beauty of her plans is that you will find that you become more aware of what you are putting in your body and you tend to stay away from those fatty foods. The fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits soon become what your body craves. I plan on incorporating her detox plans into my life for good. Oh, by the way, my co-worker immediately bought the book after I shared my journey with her! ( )
  Bambikha | May 5, 2016 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,805,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible