Fire Brand by Diana Palmer

Fire Brand

by Diana Palmer

Series: Lovestruck!

Bowie was blessed with good looks but a sour disposition. Enamored of his pretty face, it's once he opens his mouth the acidic personality shines through. Gaby is an outsider with a huge heart but a secret past that is as dramatic as it is heartbreaking. She's tenacious, fierce but broken inside. I received an ARC of Fire Brand in exchange for an honest review. Fire Brand is the Diana Palmer I've been waiting to see again. When she puts pen to paper I expect to feel a stirring of my emotional compass and she sent it off the charts with this read. In Fire Brand Ms. Palmer examines how secrets and subterfuge can leave a lasting impression. Not just on one life but many. She blends two different love stories with the rough terrain of the Arizona desert and creates a story that is as haunting as the prairie and history that she used as the back drop. This novel made me remember why I enjoy her stories. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |

Gaby Cane was a runaway when the wealthy McCayde family adopted her. Since then she has become a successful journalist and is engaged to handsome Bowie McCayde. But a jealous fellow journalist threatens to expose a dark secret from her past, and Gaby must fight to save her new life and love.

"Gaby Cane was always a bit afraid of her attraction to Bowie McCayde. Even when she was fifteen and Bowie's family took her in, she had sensed his simmering resentment. Now ten years later, she's an aspiring journalist who can hold her own with any man professionally, the dark shadows of years gone by far behind her. Then Bowie strides back into her life-- only this time, he needs her, and the pull of loyalty to his family is too strong to ignore. When Bowie asked Gaby to help save his family's Arizona ranch, he never expected the girl he once knew to return transformed into a stunning, successful woman. As they work together, Bowie is shocked to find that her innocence and beauty stir a hunger he can't deny. But the rogue rancher can sense something holding her back, and he's determined to uncover the terrible secret Gaby is fighting to keep hidden."--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,561,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible