Obsidio by Amie Kaufman

Obsidio (2018)

by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff (Author)

Other authors: Marie Lu (Illustrator)

Series: The Illuminae Files (3)

It's over?

An amazing, suspenseful conclusion to a riveting trilogy. I wish it could continue forever. I laughed and cried and cheered and gasped. This series has it all and this book wrapped everything up perfectly. Please choose read, you won't be disappointed! ( )
  dms12880 | Nov 29, 2018 |
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2018/11/03/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-september-2018-wrap-up/

Obsidio, the conclusion to The Illuminae Files, brings all your favorite characters — and let’s face it, some not so great new ones — together at last. While there are no horror elements like in the first two books, the plot more than makes up for it with some amazing AIDAN moments, the inclusion of comic book elements and illustrations, and a glorious and super experimental final battle. It’s certainly not the best book in the series, but it definitely goes out with a bang. ( )
  yrchmonger | Nov 3, 2018 |
Literary Merit: Fair
Characterization: Fair
Recommended: No
Level: Middle school-high school

This was the third book in the series. You need to read the first two for this one to make any sense. It started out with a trial, so it made it difficult to figure out what was happening. As you continued to read, it became clearer, but all in all a hard to follow book. ( )
  SWONroyal | Aug 27, 2018 |
Stellar conclusion to the series, weaving the characters and events from the previous two books seamlessly. A brick of a book, yet an easy and entertaining read. ( )
  ladykat | Aug 18, 2018 |
This is the final book in the Illuminae Files and as much as I enjoyed the last installment, I didn't love it. It took me much longer to finish this one than the other two, but I think it was because at this point, I felt like the books where repetitive. I could see where the plot was going, and the moves that most the characters where going to make. But it did wrap up the story nicely and I would still recommend this series to anyone who's looking for a great YA sci-fi to read. ( )
1 vote chelseap91 | Aug 11, 2018 |

Amie Kaufmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kristoff, JayAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lu, MarieIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Kady, Ezra, Hanna, and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza--but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,774,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible