A Bramble House Christmas

by C. J. Carmichael

All he wants for Christmas...is an answer Finn Knightly a.k.a. Finn Conrad wants to know why his recently deceased father left his nurse fifty thousand dollars after knowing her a mere six weeks. So he travels to Bramble House B&B in Marietta, Montana to find answers. But Willa Fairchild is not the conniving woman he expects to find. Before he knows it, Willa-and her six-year-old son Scout-are stealing his heart. And that's before he finds out Scout's secret and the real reason this Christmas is so important.… (more)

I enjoyed this book very much. ( )
  BFwillia | Sep 5, 2021 |
When Finn Conrad’s recently deceased father leaves his nurse Willa Fairchild (that he only knew for a very short time) fifty thousand dollars in his will, Finn travels to the Bramble House B&B in Marietta, Montana, where Willa is spending Christmas with her six-year-old son, to find out some answers from her. Once he meets Willa and gets to know her, Finn finds that she is far from the gold digger that he thought her to be and falls for both her and her adorable son, Scout.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Christmas romance. It featured a wonderful cast of characters that I really enjoyed getting to know. Finn who was a children’s book illustrator. Willa who was so kind and caring and doted on her son. Her adorable brave son Scout who added so much to the story. Sage, who Willa befriended and who owned a chocolate shop. And the kind and welcoming B&B owners Eliza and Marshall. I loved the cozy setting of the B&B and the festiveness of the Christmas season throughout—the Christmas lights in town, building snowmen, ice skating, tobogganing… There was an interesting secondary storyline that included a mystery surrounding an antique ring and the Bramble family tree. All in all, this was a wonderful and lovely Christmastime read. ( )
  PaulaLT | Nov 7, 2020 |
Author CJ Carmichael puts plenty of heart in the holidays in "A Bramble House Christmas". Single mom Willa Fairchild and her young son, Scout, travel from Phoenix, Arizona to Marietta, Montana to spend the holidays at the Bramble House Bed & Breakfast. Willa was an RN, and the trip was part of a bequeath from a patient who had recently passed away. The man, Greg Conrad, had become a good friend. Willa and Scout had been through some troublesome times, and the trip to Montana would be his first chance to see snow. Finn Conrad, a book illustrator using the last name Knightly, was also a guest at the B&B. He was there to observe Willa and to see why his father had left her a generous financial settlement after only knowing her a short time. However, Willa was anything but the schemer and swindler he had imagined her to be--she was naturally charming, and he was drawn to her. Scout had also worked his way through Finn's defenses, but for one so young, there was an air of mystery about the boy. He seemed to have a certain wisdom beyond his six years, but he was experiencing many things for the first time. As Finn spent more and more time with Willa and Scout, he couldn't help but wish that the circumstances which brought them together were different. Willa is also very attracted to Finn, and she finds her heart wanting to trust again. When Willa finds out Finn's true identity and the reason he's really in Marietta, will she forgive him? How will Finn react to the truth about Scout and why Willa is such a protective mother? Come and stay a while at the Bramble House Bed & Breakfast. Let the spirit of the season, the beauty of the setting, the warmth of the people, and the magic of Christmas fill you with love, peace, and hope.

Book Copy Gratis Author ( )
  gincam | Jul 25, 2020 |
Christmas on Bramble Lane
Town of Marietta, Montana.
I'm familar with a lot of the characters already from different authors works and know I will enjoy these stories.
A Bramble House Christmas byC. J. Carmichael
This story starts out with Willia and her son Scout as they arrive at the top of the snowstorm to spend a week at Bramble House in Montana.
She was a private nurse to a man who died, giving her a sapphire ring and the trip around the holidays. She had no clue as to the $50k when he had died.
Her son has just beatten cancer and is on the mend but she still mothers him. Love the traditions of the area as I've read of them in other books by other authors of the same town.
The story also follows Finn who is not only an illustrator of kids books but it was his father who had died. He and his sisters want to find out more about the nurse that tended to him when they didn't know how sick he really was.
Problem is they fall in love with one another as they get to spend a lot of time together doing fun things with the other townsfolk. Loved the mystery surrounding not only the ring but the family history.
Can't wait to read more of this series as the descriptions were very detailed I felt a part of what was going on. ( )
  jbarr5 | Dec 29, 2015 |
If you are looking for a real good holiday story to put in the mood, read A Bramble House Christmas. You need look no further. This book embodies everything we all want and need from the Christmas holidays. Besides, it is a fantastic story that reads easily and well—and is not too long.

Finn follows Willa and her young son Scout to the Bramble House B&B in Marietta, Montana. Finn wants to understand and possibly confront the woman his recently deceased father gave a princely sum to in his will, though his father only knew this woman for a few weeks right before his death. Finn is surprised when he meets Willa, since she does not seem to be the type to bilk anyone out of money, especially on his deathbed. During their short stay at the B&B, Finn, Willa and Scout spend a considerable amount of time together. Through all this, Finn discovers a single mother and her son, who are as unlikely as what he envisioned them to be. This is a real feel-good story that will restore your faith and belief in mankind as well as in the spirit of Christmas. From almost the start, I knew immediately I would love this story and probably will read it again and again, for it is a real keeper. The trio spend their holiday vacation doing all the things people in colder climates such as Montana do, skating, sledding ice skating and shopping for holiday gifts. As I read, I found it impossible to not love Fin or Willa or Scout. Willa sometimes came across as over protective and a helicopter parent, but, the back story explains why—after knowing it I cut her a lot of slack. The chemistry between Finn and Willa was there almost from the moment they met. Young Scout and his back story only add to the pleasure of the story.

Unlike so many other holiday stories, this one reeks of genuineness. Marietta is a typical small town, where everyone knows everyone and everything about each other and could not be a better setting. However, in this case, there are still secrets about the main characters that the author cleverly reveals and puts into place to provide a fairly well written novel. The key to it all, besides a wonderful, endearing plot, is the author’s writing skill. I have not read anything else by her, but after this, I have put her and her books on the must read list. I am sure you will also. This is the book for anyone seeking a really good Christmas holiday story. If I could give it more than five stars, I would. I received this from NetGalley to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Nov 16, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,256,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible