P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've…

P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before) (original 2015; edition 2017)

by Jenny Han (Author)

Member:readbybrit
Title:P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before)
Authors:Jenny Han (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2017), Edition: Reprint, 352 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:read in 2019, romance, poc protagonist, poc, aoc, ownvoices, female author, female protagonist, getting an adaption, audiobooks, asian, korean, mixed, ya, 3 stars

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (2015)

I purchased this book from Barnes and Noble to #buddyread with my bestie @mycornerforbooksand. All opinions are my own. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 P. S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. Oh Lara Jean, silly, silly, Lara Jean........Lara Jean Song Covey went from no boyfriends to one handsome one until she receives a letter from a long lost friend, now she isn't so sure she has chosen the right one and even worse she is so jealous of her ex best friend Genevieve and Peter it may destroy Peter. Lara Jean learns the hard way sometimes what you want is based on what you have to let go of first. Review also posted on Instagram @borenbooks, Library Thing, Goodreads/StacieBoren, Amazon, Twitter @jason_stacie and my blog at readsbystacie.com ( )
  SBoren | Apr 18, 2019 |
3.5/5 stars.

This was such a trek for me to get through. I initially really enjoyed it because I really liked the first book and went into this directly after but at a certain point, I just got BORED waiting for certain things to happen. I did know a few things that happened prior to going in so I felt like I was just waiting on those things to happen and they didn't until about 70-80% of the way in. Because of this, I ended up spoiling myself for the rest of not only this book but book 3. That seemed to help a little bit but I did have to speed up the audiobook quite a lot to hold my attention more.

All of the romance aspects, both of them, were just ... strange. It was very weird and put everything into just a weird place. IT WAS WEIRD. I had thoughts on certain things during the book and directly after finishing it but the more it sits with me, I'm not sure how to accurately express how I feel or if I'm even 100% sure how I really feel.

My favorite part of these books are Lara Jean's interactions with her family. I wish there was more of that and I think if (when tbh) I continue with the series, that's going to be the driving force of it all for me. ( )
  readbybrit | Apr 15, 2019 |
This book felt a bit meeh for me, like it tried to be like the first one but failed.
Yes it was cute and adorable and all, but it felt far more dense, it really lacked substance.

I did like the new character John Ambrose whatever, but at the same time he was kinda annoying.
Because as I was reading I kept
1- predicting everything about him a gazillion pages ago
2- Felling like he was there just to stand there, like that one vase you have in your house that you don't really understand why the heck you have it. Like, there's literally no difference in having it on your table or nightstand or hallway or nowhere in sight.
The whole thing with him and Lara Jean didn't feel like it could be legit even for one second. Like, I kept reading about him and thinking "yeah okay cool when will we be done with him already?"
BECAUSE IT WAS OBVIOUS HE WASN'T THERE TO STAY. Not that I wanted him to, but at least I wanted to think he might.

Idk this probably makes no sense since I'm writing this at 4:30 am but that John dude was literally put there just to have another love triangle.

Oh and talking about love triangles, we literally just got rid of one to start another one? Seriously? That's like the mother of clichés!

Despite my annoyance with this book, I still enjoyed going through it mainly because of the light and fun atmosphere it had going on.

All in all, if you wanna read this, lower your expectations my dear friend, or else you'd be disappointed. ( )
  Ray_ | Feb 18, 2019 |
There's something about Lara Jean and her family that's just so wholesome and as a reader, I enjoy spending time with this fictional family and their friends. Lara Jean's love life is no simpler in this book, in which she and Peter explore a relationship with all its pitfalls. Lara Jean also takes up letter writing again, but this time in a more concrete fashion as she corresponds with her old friend John. As the old friends rediscover each other, Lara Jean's relationship with Peter falters. And throughout it all, the little sister Kitty provides plenty of snarky comments. Overall, fun readings and definitely an author I want to read more of. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Feb 13, 2019 |
Lara Jean and Peter are back and discovering that real relationships are just as hard as fake ones - just in a different way. I like that the emotions in this series are not overwrought. Lara Jean and Peter have to figure out shifting loyalties and how to fit the past into their future. Nice followup to the first book in the series. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Feb 9, 2019 |

Jenny Hanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ejheden, SofiaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 144242673X, Hardcover)

Given the way love turned her heart in the New York Times bestselling To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, which SLJ called a “lovely, lighthearted romance,” it’s no surprise that Lara Jean still has letters to write.

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.

She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of makes it so amazing.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 07 Jan 2016 11:01:56 -0500)

"Lara Jean didn't expect to really fall for Peter. She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren't. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever. When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean's feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,223,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible