dismiss

Sweet Little Lies

by Jill Shalvis

Series: Heartbreaker Bay (1)

In her Avon debut, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jill Shalvis launches a fun, sexy new contemporary romance series featuring a boy, a girl, and one wily wishing well. Choose the one guy you can't have . . . As captain of a San Francisco Bay tour boat, Pru can handle rough seas--the hard part is life on dry land. Pru loves her new apartment and her neighbors; problem is, she's in danger of stumbling into love with Mr. Right for Anybody But Her. Fall for him--hard . . . Pub owner Finn O'Riley is six-foot-plus of hard-working hottie who always makes time for his friends. When Pru becomes one of them, she discovers how amazing it feels to be on the receiving end of that deep green gaze. But when a freak accident involving darts (don't ask) leads to shirtless first aid, things rush way past the friend zone. Fast. And then tell him the truth. Pru only wants Finn to be happy; it's what she wishes for at the historic fountain that's supposed to grant her heart's desire. But wanting him for herself is a different story--because Pru's been keeping a secret that could change everything. . . .… (more)

Sweet story but not the author's best (IMHO). I found the resolution a little too quick and easy compared to the drawn-out drama of the Lie By Omission. Great characters as always! ( )
  Mrs.Soule | Nov 25, 2019 |
Her parents killed his dad and she's trying make sure he's happy. Finn used to be wild but after his father died he straightened out to take care of his brother. He's attracted to Pru the 'fun-whisperer'. Fun and sweet read, even if I hate the keep a secret theme.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Have you ever read a book where you want to shout to the world how great it is? Sweet Little Lies is one of those. Pru has a good heart and a kind soul. She looks after stray dogs, looks out for the homeless guy that lives outside of her apartment and lusts after the one guy that's all wrong for her. I was blessed to have received Ms. Shalvis' latest novel in exchange for an honest review.

Pru finds a bright side to every dark cloud in the sky. Which makes it ironic that her optimistic outlook applies to everything and everyone else. She is a dreamer that's afraid to let her fantasies for herself become a reality. She feels deeply, gives herself abundantly and bruises easily emotionally. Perhaps that's what draws Finn who is responsible, caring and serious to the flighty, sometimes accident prone sweetheart. Their pairing makes for a great balance he's overly serious, she sees the bright side. They are kindred spirits in that when they give their hearts, it's fully. Can they convince each other and themselves that despite the odds, they are perfect for each other in all the ways that matter? The Heartbreaker Bay series is off to a wonderful start with Sweet Little Lies. It lived up to the heartbreaker status. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
3-3.25 stars

I think it's save to say that Jill Shalvis is a master at creating fun little places with a wide variety of characters. This book is no different. It's not badly written and the characters are fun. Though I did have some trouble keeping some of them apart in the beginning (I'm bad with names).
It's a nice read, with some romance and a little steam. I really liked Finn and I mostly liked Pru. It's just that not a whole lot happened here. I feel like I've read too many pages about two people getting together.... and that's it. The 'secret' that lies between them is one I've seen several times before and I wasn't a fan of it then and it's not working for me now.
Pru was also a bit too much of a martyr and saint for my taste.

I think this is mostly an 'it's not you, it's me'-situation. So by all means go read the book for yourself.
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis
Heartbreaker Bay #1

This book was great! I laughed out loud often (the secondary characters just cracked me up!) Finn and Pru were wonderful toghether. I could feel attraction right from the beginning. Their banter was fun and flirty. I loved how care-free Pru was and how it brought out Finn’s smiles.

This book has the feel of Shalvis’ Lucky Harbor series and I truly cannot wait for the next book! Actually, I have already preordered them!!

Original review posed at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |

Jill Shalvisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Buzzard, MadelynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, KarenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,918,569 books! | Top bar: Always visible