Then Come Back: The Lost Neruda

by Pablo Neruda

"Pablo Neruda's lost poems--recently discovered in his archive to the delight of readers and scholars--comprise this remarkable and essential volume. Originally composed on napkins, playbills, receipts, and notebooks, Neruda's lost poems are full of eros and heartache, complex wordplay and deep wonder. Presented with the Spanish text, full-color reproductions of handwritten poems, and dynamic English translations, Then Come Back: The Lost Neruda simultaneously completes and advances the oeuvre of the world's most beloved poet."--Publisher's description.… (more)

Another day, another book read (makes two so far this year, 2/90, I'm doing pretty good so far).

This is an 'ok' set of poetry. I'm not much of a poetry person, especially where its just single line with no rhythm to it. No rhyming, no iambic pentameter, or anything like that -- to me it just comes off as bad prose (here a sentence fragment, there a sentence fragment, everywhere a sentence fragment.... just loosely coherent together). Eh, poetry is just not for me really (in this vein), not a knock on Neruda or those who like it -- just not my cup of tea or my specialty/ability to enjoy. ( )
  BenKline | Jan 21, 2017 |
This is a beautiful bilingual edition that allows you to compare the original Spanish with the English translations of Forrest Gander, along with facsimiles of the original, Neruda handwritten pages for some of the poems. (Brian)
  ShawIslandLibrary | Oct 6, 2016 |
I'm new to Neruda and WOW! I'll definitely be reading more. If you love love, if you love poetry, if you love the earth, if you love life, you can't help but feel these poems resonate to your core and make your heart beat a little faster. ( )
  libbromus | Aug 13, 2016 |

Pablo Nerudaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gander, ForrestTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,970,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible