One True Loves (2016)

by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Fiction. Literature. Romance. Humor (Fiction.) In her twenties, Emma Blair marries her high school sweetheart, Jesse. They built a life for themselves, far away from the expectations of their parents and the people of their hometown. They travel the world together, living life to the fullest. On their first wedding anniversary, Jesse is on a helicopter over the Pacific when it goes missing. Just like that, Jesse is gone forever. Emma quits her job and moves home in an effort to put her life back together. Years later, now in her thirties, Emma runs into an old friend, Sam, and finds herself falling in love again. When Emma and Sam get engaged, it feels like Emma's second chance at happiness. That is, until Jesse is found. He's alive, and he's been trying all these years to come home to her.… (more)

English (52)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (54)
4.5 stars. Emma was pissing me off most of the story. I wanted her to step on a lego and stub her pinky toe a few times …. But well written and loving story! ( )
  mybookloveobsession | Mar 12, 2024 |
Another knock it out of the park book by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I fell in love with this book right from the beginning. She is able to capture so much emotion in just her words, that it blows me away. Every thing the characters were feeling, I was feeling.. love, loss, grief to name a few. A book that is definitely worth investing your feelings in. ( )
  CrystalR68 | Feb 20, 2024 |
This could have been my favorite. The writing, the story, the pain, everything is perfect, except for Emma. Her situation completely tore me in two, and yes, I relate at how hard it must be to be in her situation and the book's ending is perfect, so why I'm infuriated with Emma? Simple. If you want to break up with someone, do you have to f*ck them first? Well, that's what she did. Twice, because once is not enough.

She first did it with Sam before breaking up with him to understand her feelings for Jesse, then she did it with Jesse once she understood he wasn't the one she wants to spend her life with. Girl, Seriously?

jessiewinterspring | Jan 30, 2024 |

Taylor Jenkins Reid - One True Loves: Perhaps my least favorite of hers so far. She just keeps saying the same thing over and over and over… #cursorybookreviews #cursoryreviews ( )
  khage | Jan 7, 2024 |
Crazy situation was unbelievable but that's definitely Reid's style, she loves to see what she can do with unlikely situation and this is just that and a good look at how life events can completely change you. ( )
  hellokirsti | Jan 3, 2024 |

Taylor Jenkins Reidprimary authorall editionscalculated
Whelan, JuliaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,012,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible