Kathryn Meyer Griffith's Spooky Short…

Kathryn Meyer Griffith's Spooky Short Stories: The Banshee and the Witch

by Kathryn Meyer Griffith

213,681,751 (4.5)None
Recently added byrubyandthetwins, tonm

What would you do to live forever, stay young forever? To experience true love once more? And if you were a white witch with the magical powers to make it happen...and the secret of how to do it, would you? So when the banshee comes calling for you one rainy night you'll do what you have to do to get what you desire the most...more time.

I have to say that while I completely understand the witch Cleona's motivations to do what she did...and while nothing that she did was technically black magic, I think, I would perhaps say that Cleona practiced 'gray' magic - not actually harmful to herself or to other people, but certainly self-serving and focused on her own personal desires.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story and found it to be well-written, but it did leave me with one last unanswered question on my mind: once you get what you most desire, will you truly be content with it? I give this story an A! and am looking forward to reading the two other stories in this collection. ( )
  rubyandthetwins | Aug 2, 2017 |
It was a misty spring morning with a chilly breeze whose affects the rising sun would partially warm away.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,684,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible