White Belt by Faye McCray

White Belt

by Faye McCray

312,862,455 (5)None

It's always nice to find a really great zombie story like White Belt, especially when bad ones seem to be running amok these days. What's even nicer about White Belt is how often you find yourself laughing out loud at the writer's wicked sense of humor. It's a very visual story, too, with a writing style that makes everything that happens seem perfectly natural and relatable. Shoe function, for instance, is always an important issue to consider while fleeing eaters (how zombies are referred to in White Belt) with as much ease as possible. And, sadly, some of us can probably imagine our significant other "speeding down the highway, probably still hoping to make Jay Z" in time, no matter that all Hell is breaking loose.

There are so many great lines in White Belt. "He looked like he had been waiting for this day his whole life" immediately made me think of some of my friends who get just a little too excited when imagining the possibility of the zombie apocalypse actually happening some day. My absolute favorite, though, is what Dani is thinking as everything kicks off in the beginning: "For a split second all I could think of was what an awesome photo it would make on Instagram. Caption: About to die, ya'll."

White Belt is definitely a Kindle keeper, suspenseful as well as funny, the kind of title that you don't immediately take off your ereader after finishing because you know you'll want to read it again! I'm so glad to see from the author's Amazon page that more of her writing is on its way in the near future. ( )
  booksandcats4ever | Jul 30, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,827,208 books! | Top bar: Always visible