A Soldier's Valentine (Maple Springs)…

A Soldier's Valentine (Maple Springs)

by Jenna Mindel

1011,249,808 (3.5)None

This story takes place in Maple Springs, Michigan. Ginger Carleton runs a local tea shop. She has organized a parade welcoming Zach Zelinsky home. He is a retired army captain and he is also her new landlord. He will be running a glassblowing business in the space next door to Ginger's tea shop. Ginger is also organizing a town campaign for business owners to decorate their windows for Valentines Day. Ginger wants to win the contest because of the statewide advertising that would help her failing business. As Ginger and Zach get to know each other they develop feelings for one another but they each have baggage that is holding them back from opening up their hearts completely. Zach is dealing with nightmares from his time serving in the army and Ginger is dealing with a failing business and a dysfunctional family situation that has made her feel like a failure. They will rely on their faith in God and their growing love for one another to start the process of healing.

I always enjoy the Love Inspired books as they are clean reads. I really liked the two conflicting personalities of Ginger and Zach. Ginger was very outgoing and cheerful while Zach was stubborn and kept things inside. They both had problems holding them back that will take time for them to get through which made both of them easy to relate to. The story flowed very smoothly and switched easily between the viewpoints of Ginger and Zach. It was a fairly quick read and I did like how it ended. I enjoyed learning about the glassblowing and the author did a great job describing everything which made me feel like I was there. The small town feel made the read even cozier. I look forward to reading more from this author.

I received a free digital version of this book from the publisher, Harlequin, via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  aharris1971 | Feb 19, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373719361, Mass Market Paperback)

The Captain's Homecoming

Retired army captain Zach Zelinsky is determined to put his harrowing past behind him and start a quiet life selling his artwork. But the storefront building he buys comes with a tenant—a too-pretty tea shop owner who doesn't give him a moment's rest. Ginger Carleton is rallying the merchants of Maple Springs, Michigan, for a Valentine's Day window-decorating contest. And she's on a mission to convince Zach to lose the gruff exterior and open up to her. As February 14 approaches, the wounded warrior may just find that Ginger is offering exactly what he's been missing: love.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 16 Jan 2016 19:13:49 -0500)

Retired army captain Zach Zelinsky is determined to put his harrowing past behind him and start a quiet life selling his artwork. But the storefront building he buys comes with a tenant-- a too-pretty tea shop owner who doesn't give him a moment's rest. Ginger Carleton is rallying the merchants of Maple Springs, Michigan, for a Valentine's Day window-decorating contest. And she's on a mission to convince Zach to lose the gruff exterior and open up to her. As February 14 approaches, the wounded warrior may just find that Ginger is offering exactly what he's been missing: love.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,720,797 books! | Top bar: Always visible