Wind Burn by Shannon Mayer

Wind Burn

by Shannon Mayer

**I received an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.**
----------------------------------------
Book 4 of the Elemental series is all you've come to expect... and more! Shannon has managed to bring together elements from all of the previous 3 books as well as some of Rylee's story from her Rylee Adamson series to create a beautiful and spellbinding 4th story for Lark.

Quick-paced, highly-imaginative, and intricately-detailed are just some of the many ways this book (and series) can be described. I love Lark and her world. Strong female protagonists are always a winning point in my opinion, and Lark does not disappoint on the front. No matter the foe or circumstances she stands firm in her beliefs - even when it costs her.

I can't wait to get my hands on Rootbound! ( )
  absolutartist1 | Feb 2, 2016 |
I gave it 3.5 stars

I have already read—and finished—Mayer's Riley Adamson series and have been waiting for some events to happen in Lark's storyline. WINDBURN brought the two story's together in Lark's timeline and ended on one of the events that I have been waiting for.

After the amount of time spent in and the major events that happened in the Rim, the Deep and the Pit, I was a little surprised by how little actually happened in air's neck of the woods. In fact most of the story happened anywhere BUT in the Eyrie and most of the major events of the book didn't really have anything to do with them. What's up with that? We got some set up for some things in future books, but I can't help feeling like the Sylphs got gipped a little bit.

The love triangle isn't my favorite part of the Elemental Series. I don't really know why, but I don't care much for Cactus. His jealousy I can understand, but he is a bit of a child when it comes to not getting his way. I have to agree with Peta's assessment of him. Ash on the other hand I love. He is always there for Lark and they seem to fit together really well. He has my vote all the way.

WINDBURN answered a lot of questions I have had after not only reading the previous books in the series, but also from reading the Riley Adamson series. I'm very excited to see what ROOTBOUND will bring us and see Lark back in action.

* This book was provided free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Jan 31, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,837,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible