All the Missing Girls: A Novel by Megan…

All the Missing Girls: A Novel (original 2016; edition 2016)

by Megan Miranda (Author)

Ten years after leaving Cooley Ridge, Nicolette Farrell returns to care for her ailing father. A decade ago, she, her brother Daniel, her boyfriend Tyler, and Corinne's boyfriend Jackson were suspects when Corinne--Nic's best friend-- disappeared without a trace. Within days of Nic's return, they are plunged into a shocking drama when Nic's neighbor Annaleise, who is dating Tyler and was the group's alibi ten years previously, goes missing. Told backwards from the time Annaleise disappears, the book follows Nic as she works to unravel the truth and, in the process, reveals shocking realities about her friends, her family, and what really happened to Corinne that night ten years ago.… (more)
Member:miracosta
Title:All the Missing Girls: A Novel
Authors:Megan Miranda (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster (2016), 385 pages

All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda (2016)

I may have to come back to this review. Still absorbing everything. I liked the book a lot. I really enjoyed the formatting of it. It kept me guessing but what I don't care for is that now that I'm finished I'm still guessing. This may be a book I need to read twice. I think the author left a lot of things to the up to the reader to interpret. I guess overall I feel like there were a lot of loose ends left. I find myself wanting to google certain questions to figure out the whole story. Definitely worth a 2nd read. ( )
  purple_pisces22 | Mar 14, 2021 |
I wanted this to be way better than it was. ( )
  MarlaBurr | Mar 14, 2021 |
I saw a lot of mixed reviews about this book before I began reading it, and I can understand why. Most of the book is told in reverse, a countdown to the 'event', so to speak, which is fresh-ish and out of the ordinary, definitely interesting, but also exhausting! If you're one of those readers who like to say on top of the plot and keep tabs on everyone/thing in order to solve the mystery before the reveal, it's a lot of work. You have to take stock after every chapter, filing the new information away in proper chronological order. Not impossible, but it definitely takes more effort than a novel written in traditional form.

I liked this book. I enjoyed the ride (as backwards as it was), and had to stay up late reading to finish it. This book made me want to checkout the author's other novels, because she's a fun writer to spend time with. 5 stars! ( )
  ShannonHollinger | Feb 15, 2021 |
Nic Farrell returns to her small NC hometown after years away to help her brother sell her father's house. Nic has tried to escape the memories of her youth...small town gossip, bad memories, the disappearance of her best friend Corinne, the police investigation and suspicion cast on her and her friends. Now she's back....and all the old memories come flooding in. Then, another girl disappears. Annaliese. She was dating Nic's old high school boyfriend...and now she's gone. Disappeared. Just like Corinne. Once again, Nic finds her family, her friends and her life surrounded by suspicion. What happened to Corinne 10 years ago? And where is Annaliese?

All the Missing Girls is a suspense story told in reverse. Each chapter goes further back in time...another step closer to Corinne and the night that destroyed all their lives. The closer Nic gets to the truth, the more afraid she becomes.

I enjoyed this story! Once I started reading, I couldn't stop! I don't often stay up until 3 am reading, but this book had me hooked from the start. Telling the story in reverse gives this tale a different feel. It reveals details slowly, with real suspense. I didn't see the ending coming. Every time I thought I had the mystery figured out, the plot zig-zagged in another direction. As I read the last chapters, the plot came full circle, finally revealing what happened to the missing girls. Wow. Just wow.

Several months ago I added myself to the wait list for this book on my local library's digital website. I was very curious about the book because so many people were waiting in line for their chance to read it. I'm so glad I waited it out and didn't cancel my spot in line. I don't often wait this long for a book. I definitely see now why this book is so popular -- From chapter 1, I was pulled into the story and couldn't stop reading. Nic thinks she's left her old life, her hometown and all of these past events behind her....made a new life, a new person, a new start. But once she returns to her childhood home,she realizes she just ran away....her old life is still there just hiding beneath the surface. That night 10 years ago when her friend disappeared didn't go away.....the facts from that night were just laying dormant waiting for her to come back and reveal the truth.

All The Missing Girls is a solid, masterful suspense story!I highly recommend it!

Megan Miranda has written several other books including Fracture, Hysteria and The Perfect Stranger. To find out more about the author and her books, check out her website at: http://www.meganmiranda.com/ ( )
  JuliW | Nov 22, 2020 |
Held my interest from beginning to end. Good fast read. ( )
  lori6868 | Oct 24, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,235,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible