What is Heaven Like? (2006)

by Beverly Lewis

Wondering about heaven after the death of his grandfather, a boy questions his sister, a teacher, his parents, and other people, whose diverse answers help him begin to understand life after death and how to ensure that he will see his grandfather again one day.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Summary: A little boy's grandpa died and he has a lot of questions about Heaven. He asks everyone he runs into one day what they think Heaven will be like. Everyone explains to him that Heaven will be amazing. Each person has something different they assure him will be perfect in Heaven: food, flowers, playgrounds, animals, our health, and everything else. He talks to his grandma and they talk about missing grandpa and how great Heaven will be!

Personal Reaction: Awesome book for children dealing with death and having questions about Heaven. Very beautiful pictures. This book helped my children when we had lost my great grandmother.

Classroom Extensions:

1.) Paint a picture of what we think Heaven will be like.

2.) Talk about things that might help to deal with the death of a loved one. ( )
  krystalramirez | Oct 22, 2012 |
This book is a good book to read to children because most children are very confused about death and heaven. This book can maybe help with some of their questions and worries.
  aswideman | Apr 8, 2009 |
I enjoyed the book. I don't think it could be used in the traditional classroom. In a Sunday School class or at home it could be used to help children understand about death and ease their fears after someone close to them passes away. ( )
  bcmcree | Aug 30, 2008 |
Comforting examination of Christian beliefs about dieing, written for children. Illustrations are soft and soothing. Young boy loses his grandfather, and asks a number of grownups what heaven is like, where it is, and so on. The grownups have differing ideas (in the details) but all answers are supported by scripture quote at the bottom of the page. ( )
  MerryMary | Oct 4, 2007 |

Lewis, Beverlyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Querin, PamelaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Kailynn Therese, our adorable and inquisitive granddaughter - the reason for this book. --B. L.

For my family and friends who helped bring to life the characters in this book. For Steve Baldwin and for the Scotts. --P.Q.
It rained so hard today I wondered if the sun would ever shine again.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,070,135 books! | Top bar: Always visible