Foundling Witch by Max Candee

Foundling Witch

by Max Candee

A witch book, I have to say I have not outgrown witches. I think this book was a fun read. Anna finds out she is from a family of witches and powerful well known ones. Can be good and bad right? Check this book out to see what you think. *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.* ( )
  Aly3636 | Jan 6, 2018 |
Diary of Anna: The Girl Witch", Anna is in orphanage since she was six years old. She was dropped off there by her uncle, who had found her at two weeks old, being taken care of by a mother bear. Now she is turning 13, and all her letters to her uncle have been returned, unopened. She is worried. Her 13th birthday party goes well until a mean boy was about to throw a garden snake around the neck of the girl carrying the cake. Anna screams "STOP!" and everyone is frozen, except the snake. She realizes that this is her first power as a witch.

The book is basically about Anna as a sleuth, more than anything else. This is what makes the book interesting. She even gets the aid of the mean boy, and she realizes she kind of LIKES likes him. She is becoming interested in boys right at the dungeon where seven of her adopted friends are being held captive. It is up to Anna to save them before they are sold into slavery. Will she be able to do it in time? The bad guys and gal are incredibly spooky without keeping you awake at night. Anna and her orphaned friends are funny and very likeable. The nuns are a toss up but mostly good. You will love the excitement and suspense of the book enough to want to read the second book right after.

Thank you to Max Candee, the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) Members Titles, and NetGalley for giving me a free e-ARC of this book to read and give my honest review. ( )
  Connie57103 | Jun 28, 2016 |
I thougt it was a really good book and I really liked the main character and they way things were described in the book and that it was a mystery and that you don't know what happens until the very end but you can guess parts and halfway through you wonder what is going to happen.

*Review provided by my 12 year old.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review. ( )
  bellymonster | May 2, 2016 |
This is a sweet story of a girl turning 13 and discovering where she came from and who she is after learning she's a witch. This is a fun mystery geared to late elementary/middle school but be aware it's still a bit dark. As Anna learns of the magic inside of her she also learns that there are consequences to everything and that good and evil inside her heart is a fine line. The pictures throughout are a great touch that will keep kids entertained. And though best suited for a younger reader it can still appeal to adults reading to a child or just looking for a lighter read.

*Note: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Yoh | Apr 6, 2016 |
I liked this book. It was a fun (though sometimes dark), quick, middle grade read. It kept me entertained and intrigued enough to want to read the sequel to see what happens. It really is well written. I would recommend this book. 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Mar 24, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,937,542 books! | Top bar: Always visible