Divine by Kingsbury, Karen (2006) Audio CD

Divine by Kingsbury, Karen (2006) Audio CD

115,451,522 (3)None
Recently added byJenniferRobb

I liked the overall premise of the story, but felt there were plot holes that one could drive a truck through. For example, when Grandma Peggy gave Mary the purse with the Bible verse inside, why did she not also think to include her phone number and some $ for Mary to use in the phone to call her?

Though I know it happens often in real life, I had a hard time understanding why Mary and Emma would go back to men who treated them so poorly. I excused Mary a bit more because she was only 10 when kidnapped and so most of her childhood was warped. Emma had a childhood where she was supposedly raised in a Christian home, and I felt she should have more grounding in what true love was really like to draw from in her adulthood.

I do like the idea that God can be everything you need. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,826,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible