White Lies by Zoe Markham

White Lies

by Zoe Markham

222,551,640 (5)None
Recently added bylesindy, Pet12

A riveting psychological horror, White Lies is about Abby, a 15-year old who goes to a new boarding school in England. Abby tells one tiny little white lie, and her whole world comes crashing down. Like Mean Girls, only with a paranormal twist, White Lies delves into loneliness, and how we deal with loss. A great read!

I was given a free copy for an honest review. ( )
  lesindy | Oct 5, 2016 |
To me, this was young adult fiction at its best. White Lies was an immensely spellbinding, atmospheric story about fifteen-year-old Abigail whose parents are both serving with the military overseas, so she ends up being sent to yet another school. Making friends has never come easy to insecure Abigail, and she so wants to get it right this time, but then a little white lie is told, a secret is uncovered and soon Abigail finds herself isolated from the other pupils within the confines of an old boarding school with an eerie history.
I read this in record time. Just couldn't put it down. I loved the style of writing and the way the author somehow managed to create this peculiar atmosphere of dark foreboding.
Abigail was a great character with such a lovely personality. I thought I had worked out where this story would eventually go, but I was pretty far off in the end.
White Lies was a real edge-of-your-seat thriller with great psychological insights that I would highly recommend even if young adult isn't your usual genre.
Thanks to Carina UK and the author for my copy via NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review. ( )
  Pet12 | Jan 18, 2016 |

Zoe Markham is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,932,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible