It Ends with Us: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

It Ends with Us: A Novel (edition 2016)

by Colleen Hoover (Author)

"The newest, highly anticipated novel from beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author, Colleen Hoover. Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most. Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up--she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true. Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn't hurt. Lily can't get him out of her head. But Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his "no dating" rule, she can't help but wonder what made him that way in the first place. As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan--her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened. With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all-too-human characters, It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price"--… (more)
Member:xhollishx
Title:It Ends with Us: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover (Author)
Info:Atria Books (2016), 384 pages
Collections:Read 2019

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

This is a great story! It has your hard hitting topics and addresses them well. The characters are likeable and all have qualities that make you care for them. The story has a lot going on, but it's easy to keep up with. I flew through this one, I read it in a few hours. I do feel like I knew what was going to happen at the end, but it didn't bother me. I wanted to see how it got there. Great book! ( )
  xhollishx | Oct 9, 2019 |
This story was captivating, painful and raw. I fell in love with her characters only to realize how flawed they were. The story definitely evokes many emotions. This is my second Colleen Hoover novel and was able to appreciate her writing and storytelling much more with this new adult novel as compared to her earlier YA novel, Hopeless. ( )
  preetibee | Aug 31, 2019 |
Meets a dr on rooftop, starts her own flower shop, dr sister works at shop, get married, dr has anger issues has his baby, leaves him and hooks up with boy how lived behind her in vacant house in high school. First book read by her. ( )
  Smcgovern | Jul 15, 2019 |
3.5 I had many moments of "what are you doing???" but after reading the acknowledgment, it made more sense. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
This is the story of Lily. She grew up in a home witnesses her father abusing her mother. Her mother never left, and she never understood why. Lily spent her whole life hating her father, and when he dies, she still can't find it in her heart to forgive him.

When she was a teenager, she met a boy named Atlas. He was homeless - his mother and step father kicking him out of the house at age 18 because they couldn't get along. He is staying at an abandoned house near Lily's and she invites him in one day to get a shower and a change of clothes. Her kindness to him leads to a friendship that soon turns to love. When Atlast announces that after he finishes high school, he is going into the Marines, Lily knows she will never see him again.

At age 25, Lily now lives in Boston and is trying to decide what she wants to do with her life. She has always loved gardening and plants and wants to open her own floral shop. One night, while she is on a roof contemplating her future, she meets Ryle - a handsome neurosurgeon. They soon find themselves in a relationship that is moving faster than either of them ever expected.

But their relationship soon takes a dark turn, and Lily has to make a choice. Does she stay or does she break a cycle from her past? Is she strong enough to make the hard choices when faced with an uncertain future?

This book was really really good. At first I thought we were heading down a "50 shades of gray" trail (a book I will NEVER read), but I was wrong. The writing was excellent and the story was powerful. It was a very fast read and very hard to put down. I stayed up late a few nights to finish this one.

I am happy I decided to read this book. It is going on the list of a favorite for this year. ( )
  JenMat | Jan 10, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,945,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible