It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

It Ends With Us (edition 2016)

by Colleen Hoover (Author)

"The newest, highly anticipated novel from beloved #1 New York Times bestselling author, Colleen Hoover. Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most. Lily hasn't always had it easy, but that's never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She's come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up--she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily's life suddenly seems almost too good to be true. Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He's also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn't hurt. Lily can't get him out of her head. But Ryle's complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his "no dating" rule, she can't help but wonder what made him that way in the first place. As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan--her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened. With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all-too-human characters, It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price"--… (more)
Member:Chazzarang
Title:It Ends With Us
Authors:Colleen Hoover (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster UK (2016), Edition: Paperback Original, 384 pages

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover

Recently added bylilleone, KateKat11, klstaples93, kayceeb, private library, MeganCraven, nixila, mdibaiee

I have always enjoyed Colleen Hoover's books but wow this one is by far her best ever. Super powerful and with a treuly important message it is a total must read. The character's are amazing and y0u feel for all of them even the ones with dark demons they cannot seem to shake. It is a more serious book than her other's but nevertheless it has the great writing style and characters you can always expect in a Colleen Hoover book. I truly hope there is a sequel as I am not rady to let these characters go yet. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Powerful epilogue, wow. ( )
  violetbaleine | Sep 22, 2021 |
WOW!

That’s all I was thinking after I’ve finished reading this book. I don’t even remember the last time when a book astonished me so deeply.

I was totally immersed in reading from the first pages and couldn’t put it off till the very ending. I don’t know if you’ll understand me now, but I wasn’t only observing Lily's life from the side, I was feeling as if I were her. I experienced all the emotions she should have had. I was hesitating, I didn’t know what to do, I even kind of fell in love with Ryle too. And this is what the true writer’s prowess is.

I am not well-acquainted with the problem of domestic abuse because I’ve never faced it myself. But now I started to understand the victims of abuse in the family. I realized that it’s not that simple. I am really happy that I am not in Lily’s situation because I don’t know if I’d be able to leave.

I want every girl and woman, every boy and man read this book. It’s incredibly powerful, incredibly sad but at the same time incredibly life-affirming.
  Diana_Hryniuk | Aug 28, 2021 |
This story broke my heart, especially after reading the author’s note at the end of the book.
Lily Bloom is a young woman who has recently moved to Boston after growing up in Maine. On the night of her father’s funeral, she meets Ryle Kincaid, a neurosurgeon finishing his residency. There is an instant attraction, but neither wants a relationship.
Lily still wonders about her childhood crush, Atlas, a homeless boy some befriended. Ryle is trying to be at the top of his field and doesn’t have time for a girlfriend.
Lily is still angry about her abusive father and all his worst days.
This story will rip your heart out. ( )
  rmarcin | Jun 12, 2021 |
1. I love how unexpectedly Ryle and Lily met for the second time. I totally did not see that coming!

2. Okay, so, I have a love-hate relationship with this book. I hate it for bringing tears out of my eyes, especially since books don't usually make me cry. But I love it for making me feel this emotion. It made me feel more connected to Lily, and I love that so freaking much!

3. AlRigTy. The thing about me is that when I write a review on Goodreads, I write as I’m reading the book. Now I just finished It Ends With Us, and am in serious need of a way to let out this anger. I canNOT believe she went back to Atlas. Obviously, I’m not saying she should return to an abusive relationship, but maybe give Ryle another chance after all this time (that's just me being angry and spitting out my thoughts and opinions when I’m not thinking straight).

4. When I read, books always bring at least some tiny amount of emotion out of me, and this was no different. I barely finished reading the last page before the book was flying across the room, my screams echoing off the walls. The thing that makes me even more upset is that I understand why she went back to Atlas. And she’s right. She did what needed to be done in order to protect herself and her sanity, and ensure Emerson has a safe life, even if it breaks her (Lily’s) and Ryle’s hearts in the process.

5. One tiny little thing I didn’t like about the book, though, was how Ryle seemed to have lost all his self-respect and dignity when he lowered himself to his knees and begged Lily for her forgiveness and to take him back. I understand he loves her and feels guilty and desperate, but a person should never bring themselves to their knees to beg someone else, no matter who.

7. I do wish we got some backstory on Atlas when he opened a restaurant. I mean, I'd like to know how he went from a homeless boy to a successful chef. I did, however like how Atlas gifted Lily Ellen's book. That was cute.

6. It’s actually quite funny, because I heard so many good things about all of Colleen Hoover’s works, especially this one, and when I first delved into the book, I had very low expectations, as I always do. This book shocked the hell out of me. I grew to love the writing style I first thought was weird. I grew to love all the characters after just the first few chapters. And I absolutely ADORED the letters Lily had written addressed to Ellen. I think that was a wonderful aspect of the book.

7. Now, I’m just going to rot in my bedroom reading the rest of Colleen’s books while waiting for the movie adaptation to come out. I gotta say, Colleen, you truly did a wonderful job.
  Lulu0917 | May 19, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,425,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible