Z by Larissa Ione
213495,208 (4)None

Review: Z: A Demonica Underworld by Larissa Ione. 10/04/2017

I don’t read these types of books that often but sometimes I need to clean out the cobwebs to make my brain function properly. I’ll admit it was an entertaining read and I almost finished it in one setting but I just happened to fall asleep near the end. I finished it for breakfast…Yes; I have to say I enjoyed the book setting aside the two graphic sex scenes near the end.

The story is about fallen angels, souls, demons and Azagoth the Grim Reaper. There is a message embedded in the story that states never deny your true self and never be someone you are not…plus, I liked the role reversal where the male is a blushing virgin and the female is over-sexed.

Z, short for Zhubaal is a fallen angel, assistant to the Grim Reaper and has spent over a century pining over and searching for his lost angel Laura that he had fallen in love with. As time goes on Z wonders how much longer he can succumb to the promise he swore to his lost love so long ago. Z doesn’t know yet but Laura has been reincarnated. Her soul starts new with no memory of past events but is still allowed to recognize her true soul mate.

Than we have Vex, the wingless offspring of two fallen angels. A very interesting fallen angel herself but fells second class to her peers. As Vex moves around the realm world demon souls seem to attach to here inner self and she needs to have them taken out in order to survive. When she meets up with Z the assistant to the Grim Reaper she explains her situation with the inner demons. Vex ask Z to help her obtain a secure deal of removing the demons with the Grim Reaper. It soon becomes clear to Z and Vex that they have some kind of a powerful connection embedded in their past….The story goes forward….Read on… ( )
  Juan-banjo | Oct 8, 2017 |
I can still remember when I read my first Demonica Underworld book "Pleasure Unbound," I was hooked on this series. I just loved the writing, characters and the world she created. Eleven books and a handful of novella's later, and I'm still hooked!

Even when I get behind on this series, I still have to buy her books just so when I'm in the mood I have them ready.

Before I even start with the review I have to say one thing, if you haven't yet read this series...why, why, why!

If you're a paranormal fan then you are missing out. If you not really into paranormal's, this is a great series to try. It's very character driven and full of humor with so many touching moments.

Now Z is book 11.7 in the series and I did read it out of order. I am slightly behind on this series but as much as I hate reading out of order I didn't feel like I was missing something. Or I should say...that much. Sometimes I felt a little lost because of prior books. But as a whole, I was able to read it.

I really loved Z even when I found him maddening. He really need to get his shit together and there was a time that I wondered if he ever would. Now Vex I loved right away. She is such a kick ass woman with a soft heart. You won't be able to not like her. Together they are so perfect together.

This is a great story that will leave you wanting more of this series. So well worth trying it.

Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

Romancing the Readers Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/RomancingTheReaders/ ( )
  AnnLorz | May 4, 2016 |
Larissa Ione’s Z is another great addition to the Demonica Series. Vex is a daemani or demon soul magnet. She needs to have a powerful spirit removed from her, the only person that can help her is Azagoth (AKA the Grim Reaper). While negotiation with Azagoth, she is assigned the help of fallen angel/assistant to the Grim Reaper, Zhubaal, who has been searching for the reincarnation of his soul mate.

I enjoyed reading Z’s story. I love how the characters from the previous books influenced this story. Z is a worthy character. He loved Laura. He has been faithful to her and will do anything to be reunited with her reincarnated spirit. I like Vex. She is pretty much Laura’s opposite, which causes some interesting scenes.

The plot was fun and creative. There were some fascinating twists. I was laughing throughout the story. Azagoth’s birthday gift for Revenant’s niece and nephew’s (the Horsemen) was hysterical in a creepy sort of way. I love the sarcastic comments throughout the story. The novella is well written with great descriptions. It was a fast read that was hard to put down. Followers of the Demonica series will not be disappointed with Z’s story.

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | May 2, 2016 |
Z
Z

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,931,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible