Across the Pond by Cheri Crystal

Across the Pond

by Cheri Crystal

312,001,085 (2)None
Recently added byschatzi, bookstogetlostin
2016 (1) ebook (1) fiction (1) LGBTQ (1) Niet lezen (1)

First of all, I found the description to be a little bit misleading. There is not much loving across the pound. I was expecting a long-distance romance. I didn't get one.

There are a few things that could have been left out, like working out at the gym for example and all that talk about food and how you have to watch your weight and wether you're allowed to eat xyz or not because of calories.

But let's get to the actual story, which consists of two parts. Janalyn and her first girlfriend and then Janalyn and Robyn. The relationship between her and the first girlfriend seemed strange (read: unhealthy). Luckily that one ends. And then after lots of hard work she is in England on a conference and she meets Robyn. And there is absolutely no chemistry between them at all. I didn't get it. But they keep skipping out of important meetings (very professional by the way) to 'date' each other and/or have sex. Right now I can't think of a relationship that left me as untouched as this one. And a quick question: I am german, so I don't know much about british and american culture, but are they that different that one has to worry about language barriers and if the differences can be overcome? I was a little bit confused by that drama.

One reason for the nonexistent chemistry seems to be Janalyn. I often asked myself how old she is and how can one feel possessive over someone they know for a day. I didn't really get a feeling for Robyn either to be honest.

Their whole romance happens in a few days, something I can never get behind.

All in all it sounded very promising but it ended up being disappointing.

Disclaimer: I was provided by Ylva Publishing with a free copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you. ( )
  bookstogetlostin | Jan 18, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,939,425 books! | Top bar: Always visible